Avo coilovers - Don't come with helper springs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avo coilovers - Don't come with helper springs
I have recently bought some Avo GTZ coilovers. When they arrived I was surprised that they did not come with helper springs. This means that I can only drop the car 20 or 30mm before the springs come unseated when the wheels are off the floor. This is an MOT fail, so for the car to be road worthy I have to have the height adjusters in the top third, no lower.

I didn't think it was right that I couldn't use the coilovers down to their advertised -60mm whilst keeping the car in a roadworthy state, so I emailed Avo. I was expecting them to happily supply me with helpers and separator plates, but that's not the case.

Below are the emails I have sent and received. What are peoples opinions? Do I carry on trying to get helpers supplied, or do I fork out another £40?

Hi,

I have recently purchased a GTZ kit for my Peugeot 306, from 'euro performance'. When they arrived I was surprised to see that they were not supplied with helper springs.

I have fitted them to the car and found that due to the lack of helper springs the suspension would only pass an MOT test if the ride height was in the top third. Any lower and the spring would come unseated and fail the MOT test.
I am not impressed that I have been sold a product which cannot be used to its full advertised potential, and instead compromises the cars safety.

Ben

Hello ,
Because we don't know what ride height people want to achieve on our kits we don't supply helpers in every kit.
They are available as an after market item in 2 or 4" lengths , 2" £12.52 each and 4" £15.32 each.
Best Regards
Nigel
Avo

Nigel,

Would you not agree that the kits should be supplied fit to use their full ride height adjustment? The kits are advertised to have a ride height adjustment down to -60mm, and I am only able to lower my car approximately 20/30mm, before the car becomes un road worthy.

I have already spent well over £500 on this kit and I am now expected to shell out for springs and seperator plates in order to be able to use them properly.

Ben

Ben ,
If we supplied helpers in all our kits the retail price would have to increase , as the vast majority of people don't subsequently ask for helpers it is not economic to do so.
Regards
Nigel
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was it written anywhere in their ad that they don't come complete with the helpers?

I can see his point that they are 'cheaper' by not adding helpers to all the kits, but it really should be stated somewhere obvious if that's the case.
Thanks given by:
What's the worry always run my avos without them.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Helper springs are for wimps
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wtf mine is on avo gtzs on the highest setting and shes at least 40mm down, if not 50..?

Also, were they advertised as having helper springs in the kit? If not you haven't got a leg to stand on i'm afraid.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
There's so many options, different length springs, Different spring rates which should never really be supplied unless the use of car is known so the helper spring bit I'd say is the least of your worries, Even short of long thread part of the damper rod come into it
If bought from Euro-Performance try them.
Thanks given by: