Samsung NC10 Repair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung NC10 Repair
Ok people my samsung nc10 has stopped working. It has survived 6 years of being in my bag at school, 6th form and university. I take it to the watersports centre for one day and it stops working.

Opening it all has revealed corrosion on several components including the memory. I have cleaned all the contacts and replaced the HDD and memory. I have removed the motherboard and cleaned off more corrosion.

Light comes on for charging, light comes on for boot but nothing appears on the screen. Perhaps a dead GPU but im still looking to make sure there isnt any corrosion on the screen hardware.

Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks given by:
Well you seem to have that under control lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
just taken the screen apart. THe screen has no damage what so ever and nor does the wifi and antenna. Really strange now as the memory, hard drive, screen and power supply are all good. Only thing left is the processor to be fried. Which would explain why no bios appears. Sad Also the graphics dont work on an external monitor so it must be CPU related now Sad

Im going to throw it all together now and if it doesnt work Ill have to look at new mobo and processors on ebay and if they are expensive Ill have to look into new netbooks.

Amazing! Put it back together and plugged the internal monitor in and it booted up and said the CMOS was bad. Then I moved it slightly and the camera wires shorted on the power circuit D: Hope it hasnt killed it 5 seconds after I fixed it D:
Thanks given by:
Sorted. Put it all back together and it fired up with some 533Mb memory. Just ordered a 2Gb module. Back in the game! Big Grin Lets see how many more years it lasts!

[Image: IMG_20130912_151233_zpsd42da6b7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130912_151218_zps3024e6fa.jpg]

note the WD40 and knife used Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I had one of these a few years ago. Bloody brilliant for a cheap computer!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Got it a few months after it came out. Think it was £300 and got a logitech mouse at the same time. Ive upgrdaded the memory to 2GB, the HDD is now 120GB solid state, dual boots, windows 7 and ubuntu and I used to run android 4 on it. Brilliant machine. Cant believe its survived been in a school rucksack for 5 years and survived!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  samsung s3 mini tysonbully2k12 23 6,466 29-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  iPhone 4 or Samsung silverzx 9 3,219 27-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Oil-burner
  Samsung S3 or iphone 5 stu9 24 7,304 24-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Last Post: aaronshort