Gear box upper mounting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear box upper mounting
Rainbow 
I looked at the engine mountings and could see the gear box upper one moving a bit. So I've changed that now and there very little movement now.

But one thing I've noticed apart from the knocking gone. The car handles differently has anybody else found that?

I just noticed the last 2 days its made a big difference.
Thanks given by:
depending on the condition of the mounts, it can make a difference. i had a chronically f*cked top engine mount and box mount in my old 106 and before i replaced them, if i went hard into a corner, i could feel the engine moving over!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Suppose I better get round to fitting my new engome mounts
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 06:55 PM)Niall Wrote: depending on the condition of the mounts, it can make a difference. i had a chronically f*cked top engine mount and box mount in my old 106 and before i replaced them, if i went hard into a corner, i could feel the engine moving over!

This is how the Vectra feels under hard braking or putting the clutch in/out at low speed, feel the whole engine move forward and backwards lol. Doesn't move side to side though so doesn't affect cornering which is good.
Thanks given by:
can be a bit of just feeling better.

Whenever you give your car some tlc, it inspires the feeling of "good" Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 05:57 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: I looked at the engine mountings and could see the gear box upper one moving a bit. So I've changed that now and there very little movement now.

But one thing I've noticed apart from the knocking gone. The car handles differently has anybody else found that?

I just noticed the last 2 days its made a big difference.

The car used to feel loose on the steering and around corners a bit. Now the steering firmer and going around corners more firm. Also with out the engine moving about there no movement and knock.

The mount was moving a lot now its very little at all.
Thanks given by:
How easy was the gearbox mount to replace?
I have just done my lower one and the drivers side one
Thanks given by:
The gearbox mount is the easiest one lol! Just remove the battery tray, support the gearbox and its literally 3 nuts to change it. Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice one, will do it at the weekend then.
I know some of the 306's have a battery box.
Mine doesn't i have had a quick look but couldn't really tell can you remove the battery and tray and leave the ecu in place as i have a strut brace fitted and if the ecu is connected to the battery tray i think i might have to remove the strut brace first.

Titch
Thanks given by:
I guess you have a HDi then...the battery tray is separate from the ecu bracket. Smile. There are dome wires cable tied to the tray I think but nothing properly attached, you won't have to remove the ecu or brace.
Thanks given by:
yeah Hdi

Thanks, just picked yhe new mount up, so will have a crack at it on the weekend

Titch
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front mounting 306 diesel fuel cooler boggs 26 6,287 27-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Last Post: maxaret