track day spare wheel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
track day spare wheel
So with combe rapidly coming about I've been thinking more about the need for a spare wheel. Since many of us will be going on track for a session or more how many are bringing spare wheels. Or what is the likelihood for a good condition tyre to "go" .

The zr sadly only comes with a space saver which is not something I'd like to drive home on and Im pretty sure many of you who are weight shedding have taken out the spare wheels/frame. I'm just wondering whether its worth buying a spare alloy for the day or even trying to find a proper steel wheel to replace the spare saver crap
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
If your tyres are in good nick I wouldn't bother. As long as it's not a Pireli................... /F1
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
steve just get your self a set of R200/R25 alloys for track day or R200 steelies to ride home on.
Thanks given by:
I would get a spare steel just in case you will be gutted if you had a puncture on way and you couldn't go round track, could always leave the wheel in some one else's car why you go on the track

Thanks given by:
I'm bringing a spare set of clones
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 01:45 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: If your tyres are in good nick I wouldn't bother. As long as it's not a Pireli................... /F1

They are only 1000 miles on them and not been kerbed so they are in pretty good nick

(04-09-2013, 02:32 PM)procta Wrote: steve just get your self a set of R200/R25 alloys for track day or R200 steelies to ride home on.
Been trying to find a cheap set of alloys as a replacement. Considering how many cars share the same wheel specs its proving tricky

Also looked into the steel wheel options but the rover 25 steelies are 14" and I don't think that would fit over the front 283 brakes

(04-09-2013, 02:43 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I would get a spare steel just in case you will be gutted if you had a puncture on way and you couldn't go round track, could always leave the wheel in some one else's car why you go on the track
Problem with steels is im running 205/45/17's so dont think the 14" steels will match up well

(04-09-2013, 02:47 PM)Just Sean Wrote: I'm bringing a spare set of clones

Thought you said clothes for a second lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I'm bringing 6 extra wheels lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Find two alloys cheap, even if they aren't great tread chuck them on the fronts and finish them off! Save your besties!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
i am not surprised, as some rover bits are starting to become pricey. your better off ringing around some salvage yards. As they don't really care on makes.
Thanks given by:
Either way mate take something Evan a space saver will get you out the sh*t. I had a full spankin new set on a previous car and the next day miles away from home drove over an object in the road? Turned out to be a foot long steel bar, straight through the tire, went compleatly flat in a second. Gutted. And my jack just happened to break. Ruined my day big time. So just goes to show.-------- don't be an idiot and break ya jack ha
Huh
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spare wheel ADV_93 5 1,448 16-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Last Post: ADV_93