best exhaust setup for hdi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best exhaust setup for hdi?
So I got rid of my black DT and bought a moonstone hdi, just wondering whats best for a stage 1 map.

Decat standard centre pipe and straight pipe at rear
Decat. De centrebox and a nice back box
Or just full straight through?

Just looking for something that sounds decent and will compliment a stage 1 map well

Cheers
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
2.25-2.5" bore, no cat, no mid box and a straight through back box of whatever size you want depending on the noise your looking for.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 07:29 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 2.25-2.5" bore, no cat, no mid box and a straight through back box of whatever size you want depending on the noise your looking for.

Alright mate, ,cheers will make something up at work hopefully next week

Is the standard bore 2.25?
Thanks given by:
2.25 is standard, yeah. You'll probably find your current one is a pattern part though, usually around the 2" mark, maybe a little bigger.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah standard is 2.25" but tends to be a little less at certain points unless you have a pattern system where the ID in places could be well under 2"

Even 2.25" with proper mandrel bends would see gains.
Thanks given by:
Isnt it just the stock downpipe thats 2.25 and the rest is slightly smaller anyway?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Iirc when I took the cat off mine I needed a reducer from 2.25 down to 2"
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 07:09 PM)Jimbo Wrote: So I got rid of my black DT and bought a moonstone hdi

shame .......... Tongue

Whats the plan with this then?
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 11:04 PM)Tom Wrote: Isnt it just the stock downpipe thats 2.25 and the rest is slightly smaller anyway?
Nope the entire OE system is. pattern parts tend to be smaller
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 08:17 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 07:09 PM)Jimbo Wrote: So I got rid of my black DT and bought a moonstone hdi

shame .......... Tongue

Whats the plan with this then?

Yeah its a shame mark. But the 3dr was very unpractical for me as you no.
And I felt id gone far enough with the black one (apart from big turbo)
Which I didnt feel it needed tbh. It was fast and to strap a td04 on and blow it up would be waste of a nice car.
Plans for hdi lower it, refurb wheels exhaust remap few other bits see how it goes.
The hdi drives nicer as a day to day car but obviously lacks thebpower of the black one at the moment
Thanks given by: