SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Mine doesn't hit 70 quickly. It just shits the contents of its sump all up the road Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You could enter that thing into crash team racing or mario cart the amount of oil slicks you leave behind you lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:You could enter that thing into crash team racing or mario cart the amount of oil slicks you leave behind you lol

Simple way to solve it....run it dry!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Right... not much been happening but i only have a week left and uni and then a week in wales before i am home so I can swap wings, repair other crash damage and give it an epic service :dance: (myself with toms306 watching NOT doing the sump plug! :roll: ). Its already pretty low but people think the front can go a little lower... I need new top mounts anyway so questions...

Anyone got a part number or link to new top mounts? :roll:

and also what drop do you think i currently have? 40mm?

[Image: damage.png]
[Image: 329029_10151250302555335_659635334_23083...1973_o.jpg]

Thinking about 2 cm lower so the tire is level or a little but in the arch? So 60mm ebay springs or cheapo coilovers. I bought a set before but never got round to fitting them. Bare in mind the setup i have got now is GAZ struts and springs. Big Grin They seem to be ancient though!

[Image: IMG_20120310_093817.jpg]

Note the gti6 brakes and braided lines :dance:
Thanks given by:
Haha, mate ill bring my breaker bar for your sump plug....the fucker won't come out after that!
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Haha, mate ill bring my breaker bar for your sump plug....the fucker won't come out after that!

Because it won't be in there due to the thread being raped out of it... Be cautious as the sumps in the 306 aren't the strongest grade metal ever and that sump bolt ain't the longest going!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Haha, mate ill bring my breaker bar for your sump plug....the fucker won't come out after that!

Because it won't be in there due to the thread being raped out of it... Be cautious as the sumps in the 306 aren't the strongest grade metal ever and that sump bolt ain't the longest going!

I was only messing lol.... Smile

I've done hundreds of oil changes, I really don't know what happened with Sams to make it fall out! Sad
Thanks given by:
Right, just to clear up about the resonator bung...

Resonators are used to "tune" air flow in the inlet chambers to assist the pulsing flow of air into the cylinders. NASP cars obviously don't have anything to force air into the cylinders so the pulse tuning of the resonant frequencies can assist the flow of air. Basically so each "pulse" of air hits the mouth of the cylinder as the valve opens. On the GTI6 there are two resonators, one on the airbox to adjust the inlet noise and one on the inlet manifold to fine tune the air flow.

On the GTI6, replacing the one on the manifold actually creates MORE noise, more of a throaty low down grunty noise.

There would normally be no need to change the helmholtz resonator on a standard gti6 engine as it has been designed in such a way as to improve air flow in that particular engine. Change the engine and it has nowhere near the same effect. Change the induction setup of the GTI6 engine and again, it alters how effective the resonator is. I ended up using a bung as 1. my induction setup was a lot different to standard and 2. I felt like it.

I don't think anyone really knows exactly what difference it makes on the 1.8 as noone really knows the science of the airflow of the GTI6 manifold in combination with the 1.8 engine. It may make more noise, maybe less noise, more or less power, different torque spread, who knows? It won't create a "massive flat spot" all by itself though.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Surely its the huge tb that causes the flat spot? Cos the injectors are mapped to supply certain amour.t of fuel at full throttle at certain revs (lambda is irrelevant at full throttle) so its getting too much air for the fuel provided and running lean....?
Thanks given by:
Yeh I like being the only person with a 1.8 and a resonator bung. Possibly the only unique thing from any other car on the forum! lol Yeh it does sound great and it pulls much stronger after 4.5K. Hmmm really want to know what itd be like with gti6 injectors and a standalone ECU with a remap! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
bump anyone know want to guess the current drop?
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:bump anyone know want to guess the current drop?

40mm, looks the same as mine was....

[Image: Photo-0228.jpg]

Yor rear is much lower than 40 though.
Thanks given by:
Urrrrrmmmmmmm 50mm?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Right Ill see what funds I can get together over the summer and may take it a bit lower on 60mm springs probably.

When i get back im also going to be doing pillars in red suede material like on carlos' bora. Not copying... bought the material and then had second thoughts. Also Cully pointed me in the direction of an auto dimming mirror from a C5 so I bought that for £18.99 delivered and should be wiring that up when i get back too! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:When i get back im also going to be doing pillars in red suede material like on carlos' bora

And even more like cwspellowe's estate :think:
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:
SRowell Wrote:When i get back im also going to be doing pillars in red suede material like on carlos' bora

And even more like cwspellowe's estate :think:

Scene tax and all that...
Thanks given by:
Ive finished uni for the summer! Hurrahhh! So finally I can get round to swapping the passenger side front wing from the crash damage and trying and fix lots of other things, polish the manifold and give her a good clean inside and out. I say good but i cant use the hose because there is a hose pipe ban and also its been raining... so wtaf! Also I spent the last week sailing in Wales and one one of the days it was too windy we decided to drive up a mountain in search of snow we got snow... however we also came across a cattlegrid that bent up the electrics on my towbar which now wont go straight :/

First mod since ive been back is the autodimming rear view mirror from a C5!

Normal...
[Image: IMG_20120410_175100.jpg]
Very Dimmed...
[Image: IMG_20120410_175120.jpg]

its a really easy mod so if you can get hold of one of these mirrors cheap enough id say do it!

So list of things to do....
Clean Car Inside and out
Straighten the tow bar electrics
Redo the vinyl door strips
Trim door cards in Red Suede
Trim A pillars in Red Suede
Trim mirror covers in suede
Spray mirror black parts in paint (not suede)
replace the fogs on high mod switch.

and the list of things that are maybes....
refurb my spare set of cyclones for FCS.
Fit gti6 exhaust manifold and cat back
get the front down another 20mm
retrim headlining instead of just spraying it black again
and make another games console install as the last one i did the screen broke before i had a chance to do it!

So yes... funds... problem! Should be starting work this week or in the next few weeks at least! However I do now have another project which requires lots of funds! ninja ive still got the 1.4 here and ive still got lots of parts hanging around so ill make a for sale thread now! lol
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:however we also came across a cattlegrid that bent up the electrics on my towbar which now wont go straight :/

lmao

Can't count the number of times I done that dropping off kerbs! lol The metal plug holder thing just bends back out if you warm it up a bit though. Big Grin

Also...I have your service parts here ready for tomorow.....lets hope we get some dry weather in this drought...... Wink
Thanks given by:
Right whats been happening... I went over to toms and fitted a new fuel filter, oil filter and some lovely new oil! It started raining hard so i went home... and to the pub! A few days later tom was over at mine and we fitted the spark plugs. one was much duller than the others and wasnt properly screwed in! D:

[Image: IMG_20120413_175535.jpg]

Anyway I tried to move the PAS pipe but unfortunately its bolted in and you cant ubolt it unless the manifold is off! doh! So ill have to leave it for now!

[Image: IMG_20120416_175103.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20120416_175046.jpg]

Anyway we tested the sparks BUT i hadnt done the PAS pipe up! DOH! PAS fluid everywhere! Spent about an hour trying to do the bolt back up as it has to be lined up perfectly with the pump!

Anyway all fixed and back together and better than ever! I also fitted my oil catch tank but couldnt get it looking right and it was slightly higher than the top of the engine so I figured all the shit in the pipe would just flow back into the engine :/ Anyway thats removed now and i think the bay looks much tidier without it!
Thanks given by:
If you had followd my guide, you wouldn't have that problem Smile

Just cut the metal bracket. It's only thin metal. Or whip the manifold off. It's only 8 nuts.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
So today... nothing this morning but then i went into super mode!

Took off the heater blower from the 1.4 and put it on the 1.8 so i now have a squak free heater!
And then removed the wiper arms and scuttle panel and spray painted those. Finishing those tomorrow!
Also took the sub box apart to check connections and put it back together, relocated the amp and now the sub works. Tuned it all again and sounds better than ever!
And then... cut open the air inlet so went from this...

[Image: IMG_20120419_175436.jpg]

to this...

[Image: IMG_20120419_181503.jpg]

Whilst the grille was off i checked the passenger side headlight for damage and all the mounts are broken :roll: so out came the cable ties and its in solid now! :dance:

So yeh. Cant wait to take it for a proper drive and get back into the spirit of driving a show car and not the shed it has been recently!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the flattering pic Sam..... lmao

Sounds like a busy day....just need to get that wing sorted now!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Thanks for the flattering pic Sam..... lmao

Sounds like a busy day....just need to get that wing sorted now!! Big Grin

yep literally cant wait to have the car back to a standard i am happy with! Big Grin Its going to need a really good polish and a bit of work on the cyclones before im entirely happy! Then Ill be on to fitting the gti6 exhaust manifold :dance:

Also ive been thinking how Harrys 205 and Sebs gti6 pops so easily. Anyone know how i can get mine sounding like that? Is it just what a gti6 manifold and custom 2.5" ss exhaust does? Like does removing the centre box give that effect? :?:
Thanks given by:
I like what you've done with the air intake, might have to steal that idea myself! ninja Big Grin

Looking good though Sam, just stop crashing it! I did that enough in my China to know how much of a PITA it is to put right! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Username: SRowell
Model: Fletcher Arrowsport 155
Modifications: 306 Interior and 1.3L 3 cylinder 2 stroke 70hp evinrude.
Photos:
[Image: 263825_10150308551335450_700235449_98070...9808_n.jpg]
[Image: 561963_10150782056335450_700235449_12077...4144_n.jpg]

It will have 306 seats in it. We can make an allowance right? ninja
Thanks given by:
there's a dent in your wing.

also, did you mean to post that in the FCS Submission thread? whoops lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
Yeh im swapping that wing in the next few days! And yeh... i posted the 306 water edition in the FCS submission thread but it was shortly removed! D:
Thanks given by:
Finally fixed the idling problem. Turned out to be the MAP Sensor that was faulty and was causing massive overfueling and a bouncing idle. Havent had any details in this thread about that so basically i did 260 miles back from uni and it cost me £120 in fuel! Lots of poking around and eventually i found that it didnt overfuel if the MAP sensor was unplugged however it was still a bit boggy under 3k. MAP sensor from the scrappy and all is well! Lots of discounts going on at that scrap yard!

Got an ipswich modified meet in a multistory car park tomorrow which should be interestined with 200 odd cars! Plan for tomorrow is to fit the gti6 back box, fix the blowing cat/centre section and then fix the drivers side speakers as they seem to only work 30% of the time.

Lots of flooding round my way means that ive been pushing a lot of water witht he front bumper and i have twigs and grass stuck in the grille so ill have to fish that out. Mud all over the road as well as stones and sand so should make it vagueling interesting trying to get to the meet with a clean car! D:

Money is a bit short atm until Dec pays me for his doors but when that comes through i will hopefully get the gti6 exhaust manifold fitted and get a centreboxless race pipe. Should be good Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Shiiiittt something funny happened tonight. All of a sudden my quick shift travels twice as far and feels like jelly! Something to fix tomorrow! D:

Anyway today i cleaned the car, fitted a gti6 back box, rejoined the centre section, cleaned the engine bay and bonnet. Also modified the stance board which got a lot of attention at the meet tonight! 30 complaints and the police turned up and kicked us out! Sad
Thanks given by:
Sure the standard gti6 backbox is the same as the 1.8?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 220,621 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,729 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,205 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore