HDI TO D TURBO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI TO D TURBO
Video 
Does anyone know how easy it'd be to put a d turbo engine in a hdi? If possible what would be needed or need doing regarding electric,s and Ecu,s and such. Any advice would be much appreciated ,
Thanks given by:
Bin ecu, put xud in.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
^^^this.

been done a few times chap...take a browse and you shall find
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Seem to remember jj0063 was the most recent, take a look through the project thread.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Piece of piss. Get the loom with the DT engine that runs to the NSF chassis leg, the clocks, the exhaust down pipe and the fuel tank pick up and itll be plug and play (bar knocking up a couple of coolant hoses).

You might as well fit a bigger turbo while youve got the engine out too.
Thanks given by:
Dont know how much you know on the subject but HDI is ecu controlled, XUD is completely mechanical so theres f*ck all wires, so its all mechanical linkages then plop lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
All mechanical?

So how are you gonna control the stop solenoid, glow plugs or fans? Confused Need a few wires lol. Tongue
Thanks given by:
You pedantic twat lmao

Mostly mechanical*
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'm in a pedantic mood this evening. lol

But some sensible advice...I helped with JJ's and agree with Chris. Plus you also need to change the clutch cable to an XUD one if you're using the XUD box, and the lower PAS pipe as the pumps are in different locations between the two.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 05:07 PM)Tom Wrote: Dont know how much you know on the subject but HDI is ecu controlled, XUD is completely mechanical so theres f*ck all wires, so its all mechanical linkages then plop lol

I know a huge amount on the subject having helped Jordan do his swap and advised a few others on the subject. Swapping the engine loom makes it easy as its 2 plugs rather than needing a multi meter and a brain.

Having owned both many XUDs and HDis theres not alot I dont know about them and the differences really.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 05:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 05:07 PM)Tom Wrote: Dont know how much you know on the subject but HDI is ecu controlled, XUD is completely mechanical so theres f*ck all wires, so its all mechanical linkages then plop lol

I know a huge amount on the subject having helped Jordan do his swap and advised a few others on the subject. Swapping the engine loom makes it easy as its 2 plugs rather than needing a multi meter and a brain.

Having owned both many XUDs and HDis theres not alot I dont know about them and the differences really.

That wasnt aimed at you mate, ment for the op, you've done that many engine changes you probably know alot more than me lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: