Forced Speed Limit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forced Speed Limit
We wouldn't have all these problems with peoples driving if the government would just employ a sensible number of traffic cops to fine people who's driving is terrible as eventually people loose their licences for that but it requires people getting 3 points a year and there just isn't enough officers out there to do that.

Gotta agree with Grant, they aren't fitting a tracker to my car. It wont take many more stupid government decisions to push the country back to rioting especially the sort of stupid shit that upsets most of the country not just a small group.

Of course the conservatives could go through with their election pledge and put the speed limit up to 80mph like they said.
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2013, 08:32 PM)Connor Wrote: 3 lanes is enough if everyone knew how to use them properly. There should also be a minimum speed limit for cars, as lorries having to overtake a car is just stupid and dangerous. If you dont like driving on a motorway or feel "uncofortable" then you shouldnt be on the road full stop

Exactly. Even if someone is doing 80 and the left lane is clear then f*cking us it! Don't sit in the middle lane like an arsehole making anyone coming up forced to move across 2 lanes then back again. The way I see it If there is room to be in the left lane for around 10 seconds that's exactly where you should be
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Crist dont fit anything to my car to make it even slower id never get anywere lol.....if they didnt want people to speed why build such fast cars there never stop people speeding cus lets be honest theres some right knobs on the road...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
By technicality though you don't need to move out across two lanes to overtake a middle lane hogger only to move back over to lane one again, if the road is clear and the person is cruising in the middle lane for no good reason when all is clear around them just sail on past on their inside, they have mirrors and should be using them, and as such by hogging the middle lane they are "impeding your good progress" which is a acceptable reason to a police officer and even in court to "undertake" someone on the motorway without any repercussions as its preventing you making a manouvre that is unessacery putting you at risk and causing unessacery wear and tear on your vehicle.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 07:35 PM)Dodgy Bob Wrote: By technicality though you don't need to move out across two lanes to overtake a middle lane hogger only to move back over to lane one again, if the road is clear and the person is cruising in the middle lane for no good reason when all is clear around them just sail on past on their inside, they have mirrors and should be using them, and as such by hogging the middle lane they are "impeding your good progress" which is a acceptable reason to a police officer and even in court to "undertake" someone on the motorway without any repercussions as its preventing you making a manouvre that is unessacery putting you at risk and causing unessacery wear and tear on your vehicle.

Can see that causing a few discussions on here but i did hear something similar. A undertake is classed as moving in, passing then moving back out. If you are in the inside lane and pass someone just because you are going quicker than them then i dont think there is an issue with that. Ive done it a few times with police behind me and they havent pulled me so either lazy cops or its not that bad lol.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There really is an easy way to resolve this issue.

Everybody needs to run carbs!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 09:16 PM)Grant Wrote: There really is an easy way to resolve this issue.

Everybody needs to run carbs!

Lol yeh....get the old cars...but then theyd probbly put carb tax on it lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Quote:The planned road safety regulations would require new vehicles to have systems capable of detecting limits through cameras or satellites and automatically applying the brakes.

It sounds safe as houses, what are you guys worried about?

Whats more amusing is it will probably violate a current EU directive/Law on basic human rights/freedoms.

Only the EU could come up with a law that can break another existing law.
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 09:25 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
Quote:The planned road safety regulations would require new vehicles to have systems capable of detecting limits through cameras or satellites and automatically applying the brakes.

It sounds safe as houses, what are you guys worried about?

Whats more amusing is it will probably violate a current EU directive/Law on basic human rights/freedoms.

Only the EU could come up with a law that can break another existing law.

Basic human rights and or freedom what the hell is that im english i dont have any of them lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Isnt everything ment to be capped at 155mph already? So not a completely new idea
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Even if they did it would be dead simple of override, Just look at the limters at 155 on some BMW's etc, Simple to get around
Thanks given by: