When fitting an induction kit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When fitting an induction kit
When fitting an induction kit, and removing the air box, where is th ebest place the throttle position sensor ? As it is normally bolted to the air box>

Anyone have any pics of where they have mounted theirs?

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
I think you mean MAF mass air flow meter
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
and you dont want to remove the maf!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The TPS is bolted to the airbox on the HDi, the OP is correct.

You can bolt it where you like tbh, as long as its solid. Probably the slam panel would be good.
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 08:15 PM)Jimbo Wrote: I think you mean MAF mass air flow meter

No i don't

[Image: 7b0e8f44-d716-4319-8ce8-1bb327fac3f3_zps9ddac9da.jpg]

(30-08-2013, 08:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The TPS is bolted to the airbox on the HDi, the OP is correct.

You can bolt it where you like tbh, as long as its solid. Probably the slam panel would be good.

Nice one cheers

Titch
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 08:26 PM)titch Wrote:
(30-08-2013, 08:15 PM)Jimbo Wrote: I think you mean MAF mass air flow meter

No i don't

[Image: 7b0e8f44-d716-4319-8ce8-1bb327fac3f3_zps9ddac9da.jpg]

(30-08-2013, 08:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The TPS is bolted to the airbox on the HDi, the OP is correct.

Fair enough but you didnt specify HDI
Best off with a panel filter I would have thought read somewhere the hdi heatsoak there and dont respond well to hot intake temps
Thanks given by:
Fair enough but you didnt specify HDI
Best off with a panel filter I would have thought read somewhere the hdi heatsoak there and dont respond well to hot intake temps

[/quote]
[/quote]

I know but i put it in the DW10 HDi section

I know what your saying about the heat soak, but i have got a fmic to go on and i don't think it will fit with the airbox.
Thanks given by:
Yeah ok fair point jumped in a bit quick tbf lol
With a fmic shud be ok . Cone filters do sound good on hdis but I would say try resting it in the bottom half of the box
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 08:49 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Yeah ok fair point jumped in a bit quick tbf lol
With a fmic shud be ok . Cone filters do sound good on hdis but I would say try resting it in the bottom half of the box

Will have to have a play when i fit the fmic i want to try and keep the standard airbox if i can, maybe i could keep the airbox and remove the tps and bolt it somewhere else, i might just be able to run the boost pipe up past the airbox then, it would be tight but it might fit..
Thanks given by:
Battery relocation would make it possible
Thanks given by:
ive re routed the cable around the left side of the engine and mounted the throttle pot on the front slam panel with the cable running along the top of the rad
i only did this to remove all the bends and make the pedal lighter

if i remember i will grab a photo in the morning
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 09:49 PM)cully Wrote: ive re routed the cable around the left side of the engine and mounted the throttle pot on the front slam panel with the cable running along the top of the rad
i only did this to remove all the bends and make the pedal lighter

if i remember i will grab a photo in the morning

That would be brilliant thanks if you don't mind

Titch
Thanks given by:
your lucky night just took this

i used the original bracket i might have straightened it in a vice but i cant remember

Thanks given by:
Gah, put the damn rad cap the right way! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Nice one thanks mate, just what i was after.
Thanks given by:
ha ha i change it just for you and this photo tom Wink
Thanks given by:
Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
Have a look at my project thread, some pics of both the fmic fitting in around the standard airbox and a relocated tps in there. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-08-2013, 10:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: Have a look at my project thread, some pics of both the fmic fitting in around the standard airbox and a relocated tps in there. Smile

Will have a look mate thanks
Thanks given by: