Wetness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wetness
My car always seems to be damp and moist (and not in the good way!) under the rear seats. I've had a good look around and there are not any holes.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and if any of you have any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks given by:
Check the sides of the boot. There are access holes on both sides, if you dont have the covers and/or rear arch liners, water will get in
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had this before, taillight was letting in water and making its way to there
Thanks given by:
Are you sure you don't have a rusty hole in the rear arch?
Thanks given by:
Bet it's the door seal, the one on my wagon was leaking, swapped it for a good one and it's all watertight again.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I have the same. In a 3dr. Would be nice to fin the fault
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 06:29 PM)Bananalad Wrote: I had this before, taillight was letting in water and making its way to there

This was the culprit when i found moisture in my boot. Although the light cluster LOOKED alright, it had a crack in it that was letting the water in, and when it filled up enough, it just flooded into the boot. Changed the lights for my tinted pair off my old China, and the leaking stopped.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If youre unlucky youve probably got rust in the arches in the boot. In my old car i had a hole in the wheel arch and around the seatbelt anchor point for the rear passenger on the left side, the whole boot was like a swamp and the sound deadening stuff under the back seats were also soaked

Behind the C pillar:
[Image: 263573_10152246129055062_1214401083_n.jpg]

Behind the carpet in the boot:
[Image: 259995_10152246128570062_116780720_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Check the tailgate seal.

I had a car with the same problem but not a 306 and it turned out to be this. You could try putting someone in the car and give it a good soak with a hose around and suspect areas.
Thanks given by:
There is no hole in the arch.

I'll check all the seals then Smile
Thanks given by: