(detailing question) Can any one recommend.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(detailing question) Can any one recommend.....
Looking for a clay bar kit (clay and lube/detailer) and some good wax.

So what can you guys recommend? something that is cheap is always an advantage but dont mind paying i bit if i no im getting some good stuff.

Also tips on using clay bar as never used it before just fancy giving it ago see if it makes car look better.

Thanks given by:
Get built hamber clay. You only need water for lube and its quality, just make sure you get the medium compound one.

PS. Clay won't make the car look better as such, it'll feel a lot better.
Thanks given by:
You can't really go wrong with clay just water and a bit of car wash mixed as lube in spray bottle. I use ag because I get it with the rapid detailer which makes a great lube cos it has a bit extra clay in there. Just mould a bit the size of 50p coin and rub it back and forth the paint work while making sure it's lubed.

As said doesn't make it look nice but makes it feel amazing
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bilt Hamber. First clay i used, worked great easy to use, time consuming though lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Will try the bilt hamber out thanks guys

Any one got any recommendations for wax?? Currently using meguires deep crystal shine (think that's what it's called) brings the Car up great but just seeing what other ones are around

Thanks given by:
Doesn't make the car look any better that's a new one to me! If its a regular mainted car difference would be minimal. The crap you pull off the paintwork is colored so its going to dull the paint below it.

Claying removes contaminants from the paint work to which would reflect light in a scattered manor once clayed the light is reflected in a more uniform focused manor. Allot of people these days just use it because they have seen it on YouTube or on forums. With contaminants removed you work and protect the paint rather than the contaminants.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 10:06 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Doesn't make the car look any better that's a new one to me! If its a regular mainted car difference would be minimal. The crap you pull off the paintwork is colored so its going to dull the paint below it.

Claying removes contaminants from the paint work to which would reflect light in a scattered manor once clayed the light is reflected in a more uniform focused manor. Allot of people these days just use it because they have seen it on YouTube or on forums. With contaminants removed you work and protect the paint rather than the contaminants.

As said never used clay bar before so not 100% sure what the difference on the finish was! But thanks for clearing that up Wink gonna give it ago soon I think see what I think.

Any recommendations on wax???

Thanks given by:
Some kind of paste wax. I use Poorboys Nattys Blue, also used Collinite 476 and i like both of them. Never tried autoglym HD though, i would like to see if its worth that 45 quid a tub!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Anything cheap or on offer.Imo can't beat time and elbow grease.
Thanks given by:
Niall rates it very highly too, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet. It's very good and smells pretty awesome.

[Image: 9365868299_3735b0f5b3.jpg]
DSC_2367 by Curtis Footman, on Flickr
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2013, 10:06 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: Doesn't make the car look any better that's a new one to me! If its a regular mainted car difference would be minimal. The crap you pull off the paintwork is colored so its going to dull the paint below it.

Problem was first time I used it was on my moonstone car. What doesn't matter what you do with it or still looks the same. It wasn't that contaminated i was expecting more colour of the clay sheet each panel.
But moonstone is shit for cleaning. Dirty or clean still looks same.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good online retailer of cleaning/detailing products? tigerstyle 4 1,392 03-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Ben_w
  Detailing people - recommend please ginge191 3 1,038 09-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Last Post: 1616six
  Engine bay detailing crumpy 33 5,609 27-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Last Post: crumpy