dturbo egine in. Just turning over.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dturbo egine in. Just turning over.
So my friend just dropped in a dturbo engine cause his old one went BANG Tongue Anyways, its turning over perfect, but just not starting! Any ideas?
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bled the fuel system?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 02:35 PM)Tom Wrote: Bled the fuel system?

Still useless round engines so how exactly? (even though i took a dturo out of a breaker i got!! Cant wait to drop it into my nad Big Grin )
Thanks given by:
^^^^
fueling
stop solenoid

you only really need fuel, air and compression. Triple check air flow and fuel flow is sufficient ThumbsUp

(28-08-2013, 02:37 PM)Darren123 Wrote:

Still useless round engines so how exactly? (even though i took a dturo out of a breaker i got!! Cant wait to drop it into my nad Big Grin )

crack off the unions one turn on the injector lines (injector end), and crank the engine til it pisses out the top, lock the unions back tight, make sure all 4 bleed fuel out
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 02:38 PM)ginge191 Wrote: ^^^^
fueling
stop solenoid

you only really need fuel, air and compression. Triple check air flow and fuel flow is sufficient ThumbsUp

(28-08-2013, 02:37 PM)Darren123 Wrote:

crack off the unions one turn on the injector lines (injector end), and crank the engine til it pisses out the top, lock the unions back tight, make sure all 4 bleed fuel out

right we'll check the fuel flow Smile how do we check the air flow? Smile
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2013, 02:57 PM)Darren123 Wrote: right we'll check the fuel flow Smile how do we check the air flow? Smile

easiest; disconnect any intercooler/piping and leave the inlet manifold open where the top mount usually sits. Obviously make sure there's nothing around it to get sucked in lmao

and TBH, it's easiest way to get to the unions also. just leave any intercooler/turbo disconnected from the inlet
Thanks given by:
fair enough Smile and what am i looking for when we disconnect um? just to make sure there's an air flow?
Thanks given by:
yeh, you can feel the inlet sucking...

just crack the unions off half a turn from tight, turn engine over, watch diesel piss out, tigten them up.
If they don't bleed fuel, tighten them ALL up and undo one line at a time
Thanks given by:
Crack em all off hold it at full throttle and crank over til its squirting everywhere, tighten then start aha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
If the bleeding doesn't work check the stop solenoid on the pump. Are you going Lucas ----> Bosch?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Crack one of the injectors off and turn the car over and see if fuel comes out
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
What pump is on the new motor, if its lucas, and it still has an immob chip on it, it wont work out the box.

If its bosch / the same pump as old engine, just needs bleeding as above Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 02:31 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: What pump is on the new motor, if its lucas, and it still has an immob chip on it, it wont work out the box.

If its bosch / the same pump as old engine, just needs bleeding as above Smile

On the Lucas stop solenoids, are they a simple change or is there more to it?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
The immob ones are covered with a steel shroud, you can cut the shroud off and either change the solenoid, or wire the one thats there manually, but you cant just swap complete immob lucas pumps as the chip on the back of the pump wont match the cars immob, so it wont open the solenoid.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(13-09-2013, 07:26 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: The immob ones are covered with a steel shroud, you can cut the shroud off and either change the solenoid, or wire the one thats there manually, but you cant just swap complete immob lucas pumps as the chip on the back of the pump wont match the cars immob, so it wont open the solenoid.

This is what is was Smile all sorted now Smile
Thanks given by:
Thought as much lol.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No oil light when turning ignition key over 306__xrdt 9 3,144 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: 306__xrdt
  Screetching on boost after turning down wastegate 306Puggy 15 2,970 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  Whining when turning davalav 8 2,353 24-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: davalav