Setting a stock idle on a modded pump!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting a stock idle on a modded pump!?
(18-09-2013, 06:52 AM)Piggy Wrote: I have my scouts at kidderminster, swindon, minehead and brighton. inc my home town of stow...

all at a quid a litre in those stores?!!

PS whats JJs?!

jj foods . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
have to google my nearest place...im in middle of nowhere. has it benefits but not when you want to buy something!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 07:50 AM)Piggy Wrote: have to google my nearest place...im in middle of nowhere. has it benefits but not when you want to buy something!

yeah there's about 5-6 of them iirc . . . .my nearest is like 8 miles away=winning . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 07:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 06:52 AM)Piggy Wrote: I have my scouts at kidderminster, swindon, minehead and brighton. inc my home town of stow...

PS whats JJs?!

jj foods . .Smile

http://www.jjfoodservice.com/product.cfm...20L/OIL068

seems good; 94ppl
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
theres one in bristol...I pass that way every 6wks to see family

what do you have to do to join? need a company name etc?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 08:33 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 07:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

PS whats JJs?!

jj foods . .Smile

seems good; 94ppl

yep that's what i'm using atm . .can get veg even cheaper . . . http://www.jjfoodservice.com/product.cfm...20L/OIL072
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 08:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: rapeseed is very easy to get hold of.

tesco have it on offer every other month or so for a quid a litre in 5litre containers.

They don't have it in my Tesco. Well they have but it's 3 quid for 2 litres which doesn't make sense. Nearest Costco is 70 miles away. Unless you are "in the know" it's harder to get hold of than you think.
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 10:37 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 08:33 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 07:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: jj foods . .Smile

seems good; 94ppl

yep that's what i'm using atm . .can get veg even cheaper . . . http://www.jjfoodservice.com/product.cfm...20L/OIL072

yeah but thats soya...shockingly bad

(18-09-2013, 03:21 PM)306Puggy Wrote:
(17-09-2013, 08:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: rapeseed is very easy to get hold of.

tesco have it on offer every other month or so for a quid a litre in 5litre containers.

They don't have it in my Tesco. Well they have but it's 3 quid for 2 litres which doesn't make sense. Nearest Costco is 70 miles away. Unless you are "in the know" it's harder to get hold of than you think.

no mate...its called common sense.

I dont have anyone "in the know"...I just google/ebay and LOOK
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
the soya ain't great, but u just need to mix a little petrol in Piggy.....
Thanks given by:
as people have shown with their own experiences its not worth the few pence per litre in saving with soya. it starts/runs bad even with a mix and flat spots are worse.
just not worth it imo.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 05:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: as people have shown with their own experiences its not worth the few pence per litre in saving with soya. it starts/runs bad even with a mix and flat spots are worse.
just not worth it imo.

i've been running SVO for three years now, i'm not saying it's great but how long have you been using it again? . .Smile
Thanks given by:
about 6yrs.

half of that experimenting with making my own fuel with waste oils etc. but often when a supplier runs dry, I head to SVO as my backup. Having to do that even more since moved as havnt been able to get a good wvo supplier Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 05:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: about 6yrs.

half of that experimenting with making my own fuel with waste oils etc. but often when a supplier runs dry, I head to SVO as my backup. Having to do that even more since moved as havnt been able to get a good wvo supplier Sad

well fair enough then, but it's only the viscosity that fcuks you and petrol thins it out just fine, i am saying all this and i'm running ra*e atm though . .lol
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 07:24 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(18-09-2013, 05:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: about 6yrs.

well fair enough then, but it's only the viscosity that fcuks you and petrol thins it out just fine, i am saying all this and i'm running ra*e atm though . .lol

mmmmm
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
its not just viscosity.

thats a tiny part of the issue really. Baring in mind that once its warm most of that viscosity difference at room temperature evens out
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 07:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: its not just viscosity.

thats a tiny part of the issue really. Baring in mind that once its warm most of that viscosity difference at room temperature evens out

then pray tell what is it then Piggyfeatures? Smile
Thanks given by:
theres more to it than I ever realise but do some googling on energy values in soya oil compared to rapeseed and be prepared to get bored real quick!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Went to Tesco again on Wednesday, no sunflower and just two bottles of veg. Whoever said it was easy to get hold of needs to be shotTongue
Thanks given by:
Costco, always at least 2 pallets on the shop floor Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
My tesco always has loads. I've stopped using it though after moving to the 10mm pump, feels so flat to drive i actually rather despise it. Diesel ftw. Will throw veg in if i'm doing any long journeys but I avoid it like the plague, especially as I needed a full seal rebuild of my pump after running 100% SVO for 6 months, was pissing fuel out everywhere.

Bear in mind refined diesel contains detergents too that help stop your engine from clogging up with shite. Veg is nasty sticky stuff if it's heated up and then left to sit, I think that was my problem as the car doesn't get driven often and pure veg would just rot stuff away from the inside out when it wasn't being used.

Even when warmed up though it feels lifeless at 3krpm up, almost like a boost leak with the sudden loss of power. f*ck, i want bigger fuel lines for running diesel, never mind the gloopy veg.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im now running 60% veg. probably will only ever go to 75%.

for those reasons
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm avoiding it as best I can. Unless i need major economy I don't see any point restricting a higher flowing pump with that stuff. Just makes all the effort pointless.
Thanks given by:
Even on my 9mm Bosch I'm considering whether it's worth it. When I was in Cornwall I couldn't find any cheap veg so had to run diesel and it was like having a bigger blower, felt no different off boost but went like a rocket on boost, the pump just can't keep up with the demand for fuel on boost.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 11:31 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: Even on my 9mm Bosch I'm considering whether it's worth it. When I was in Cornwall I couldn't find any cheap veg so had to run diesel and it was like having a bigger blower, felt no different off boost but went like a rocket on boost, the pump just can't keep up with the demand for fuel on boost.

this is true to an extent, but as said before rapeseed is a lot better and with a little bit of derv thrown in it's not far off . .Smile
Thanks given by:
I ran 250miles with diesel with the 2.1

now on 60/35/5 rapeseed/diesel/petrol with a little splash of 2stroke and some cetane booster....not noticed a difference
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 01:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: I ran 250miles with diesel with the 2.1

now on 60/35/5 rapeseed/diesel/petrol with a little splash of 2stroke and some cetane booster....not noticed a difference

But why go to all that trouble when you're going to see even less benefit in price difference by using derv, petrol, cetane booster and two stroke for what can only be described as not any different?

Throw diesel in, enjoy better mpg and be safe in the knowledge you aren't gumming stuff up and prematurely ageing seals.

Just my 2p...
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 02:38 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(27-09-2013, 01:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: I ran 250miles with diesel with the 2.1

But why go to all that trouble when you're going to see even less benefit in price difference by using derv, petrol, cetane booster and two stroke for what can only be described as not any different?

Throw diesel in, enjoy better mpg and be safe in the knowledge you aren't gumming stuff up and prematurely ageing seals.

Just my 2p...

it just depends on what problems you encounter i suppose mate, better mpg's is codswallop tbh and i've been running veg for three years now with no real issues at all . .Smile
Thanks given by:
two stroke oil is free for me. petrol n derv you would need anyway.
and cetane booster is about 0.5p for every 20litres!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 09:10 AM)csluyuan Wrote: ah...veg, that would have helped to know!!

troll!!??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2013, 12:57 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(29-09-2013, 09:10 AM)csluyuan Wrote: ah...veg, that would have helped to know!!

troll!!??

just getting his posts up by the looks . .Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pistion advance setting of pump Bosch niciou 6 2,208 20-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: niciou
  Any tips for setting the pump up guys kev_boosted 5 1,255 05-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kev_boosted
  Setting up a bosch pump bashbarnard 6 1,944 18-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Martin306