Stage 2 info

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 2 info
This may be In the wrong section sorry if it is

Basically the search on taps talk is wank would just like to know what's the what's the best mods to make a stage 2 worth it I've just fitted and intercooler and am thinking about a new clutch is there anything else I need to do as I've heard boost controller and fuel rail ?? Any info would be much apreciated :-)
Thanks given by:
Essentially all you need is a FMIC and a remap.
If you don't want to do the clutch you can get a limited torque stage 2 map.
You will need to wind the boost up on the turbo though.
Thanks given by:
manual boost controller is easiest way to up boost.

but you do really wana consider a clutch change
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Right so far on the list

Boost controller - what's the safest boost to run ?

Clutch - what's the cheapest and best as I'm not looking for limited torque I want allllll the torques :-D
Thanks given by:
without being blunt, you're asking very open ended questions there chap...
it be like asking whats the best sandwich.

first you need to get a budget and a goal. and then do some research and see if with your budget you can reach your goal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Go and look in the guides section and do some research, there's plenty of information to be found with very little searching.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 08:11 PM)Jukie88 Wrote: Right so far on the list

Boost controller - what's the safest boost to run ?

Clutch - what's the cheapest and best as I'm not looking for limited torque I want allllll the torques :-D

Run whatever boost your map is designed to run (your mapper will tell you this if they know anything about what they are doing) Personally im not keen on manual boost controllers

The Cheapest clutch is a CG clutch
The Best clutch is a Helix paddle
Thanks given by:
...correction, panther clutch is dirt cheap.

but I would rather walk
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I meant cheapest that will actually hold the power.
Thanks given by:
Money isn't really an issue for the clutch as I see it as a good investment so think Itl be paddle clutch for me if I'm gunna do it may aswell go ball in

Is there any need for a boost controller at all then dum dum or am I Ok without ? Or could I adjust the actuator not very mechanically minded so I'm bit confident with fiddling with things Indont understand lol I'm more of a bodywork kinda guy XD
Thanks given by:
There is no need for a boost controller. It's easy to adjust, it's just a threaded bar with a thumb screw and a 10mm on the gt15 or 2 10mms on the ko3
Thanks given by:
I know its not difficult to adjust be a MBC isnt expensive and does help control the boost more effectively than just a tightened waste gate
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 08:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Go and look in the guides section and do some research, there's plenty of information to be found with very little searching.

You're asking questions that are very very basic and all explained in the guides section. Because IMHO if you're asking about the need for an mbc and maybe not understanding it properly, then you'll be struggling to fit a fmic or clutch.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
As dumdum said.. it's so simple to adjust the wastegate there's really no need for a mbc and it's definitely not 'easiest' by any means
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2013, 08:11 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(25-08-2013, 08:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Go and look in the guides section and do some research, there's plenty of information to be found with very little searching.

You're asking questions that are very very basic and all explained in the guides section. Because IMHO if you're asking about the need for an mbc and maybe not understanding it properly, then you'll be struggling to fit a fmic or clutch.

Already fitted the fmic and no I don't understand the mbc hense the question and ATM I've only got access to this forum on my tapatalk and the search function is ass and just brings up random threads with no relevance to what I want some help with I understand its probably a pita hearing the same old questions, but would like to learn new things and be told what's best or even better link me to a thread ?? And I defo won't be fitting a clutch no where near that compitent
Thanks given by:
just head to the guides section.
loads of info there
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Guides...
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
For future reference, try the guides section first.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: