EGR removal question (photos)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR removal question (photos)
I have unplugged the blue plug, below. Is there any further work that needs doing in order to complete the job properly?

[Image: IMAG0167.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0166.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes and no.

Essentially the best way to do it is you see in this photo below is the blue plug youve removed. Above that is a white t-peice with a pipe going to each of he solenoids. Pull them both off the solenoids and one off the t-peice and use the remaining pipe to plug back onto the open end of t-peice so you have a closed loop

Then plug the blue plug back in.

[Image: IMAG0166.jpg]

Basically what youll of done is removed the vaccume feed to the EGR and Air Dosser and thus de-activated. with the electrical plugs back in the car will think theyer working and you wont get a silent code logged.
Thanks given by:
So which pipes need removing and linking, The Can label the pic?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
That looks to me like you've got the air-doser solenoid there too..? If so you want to unplug that too, as it works in conjunction with the egr. Or rather loop it and leave it plugged in as dum-dum suggests.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
[Image: egr-2.jpg]

1. vacuum line to EGR valve
2. vacuum supply line from Vac pump
3. EGR solenoid
4. EGR solenoid blue plug
5. Air douser solenoid
6. Air douser solenoid black plug
7. vacuum line to Air douser valve
8. vacuum supply joint Tee from Vac pump via the master cylinder

on my HDI i have unplugged the pipe (2) from the Tee (8) and plugged (2) with a suitably sized plastic plug to prevent loosing vacuum from the brakeing system as shown in the picture
Thanks given by:
I have unplugged mine tonight. I was thinking instead of removing the system and blanking it could you fill the hole on the elbow that it connects to? Liquid metal it or something?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Tbh you could blank it with some plates, filling the hole and smoothing the airflow would be better though. I'd recommend welding it to make sure there aren't any boost leaks, but tbh liquid metal would probably be fine.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've followed pipe 2 but it don't lead to the egr it leads to the engine is that the right pipe?
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2013, 01:25 PM)Ben hdi306 Wrote: I've followed pipe 2 but it don't lead to the egr it leads to the engine is that the right pipe?

2. vacuum supply line from Vac pump

yes it goes to the vac pump on the right hand side of the engine

if you blank it off make sure the brake servo is still supplyed with vacumm from the vac pump
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2012, 08:50 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: I have unplugged mine tonight. I was thinking instead of removing the system and blanking it

That was my plan. was hoping to find a guide with pics for removing it though.
Thanks given by:
Unplugging is fine for most 306 HDi's.

Some with dosers you might be better looping the vacuum connections as per the pics above.

EGR rarely sticks. I don't think I've ever seen a HDi where after unplugging the EGR is still open... so it's probably quite rare!?

Blanking plate is the best next step if you want to be sure. Not sure I'd smooth the bend unless someone has some CFD simulation to show that it costs any significant pressure drop. Just a waste of time and possible failure point (ie, bits fall out of the smoothed area and say hello to the valves/turbo etc)

Dave
Thanks given by:
So I've got to un plug number 2) block the pipe, then cap off the t-peace end? So I don't lose vacuum ?
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2013, 08:38 AM)Ben hdi306 Wrote: So I've got to un plug number 2) block the pipe, then cap off the t-peace end? So I don't lose vacuum ?

just block the pipe @ 2 as that is the vacuum supply line
Thanks given by:
So leave the t-peace open of we're pipe 2 is off?
Thanks given by:
Also mr whippy saying about the blanking plate dose it go between the manifold and the egr system?
Thanks given by:
yes and yes
blank go's between the exhust manafold and the egr valve
Thanks given by:
Dose it not go between the inlet manifold were you put on the new one for an intercooler which am going to do.
Thanks given by:
or there yes depending on the size of blank and what your removing
Thanks given by:
Only cullys pictures are still working for me. Be nice if someone done a proper illustrated how-to on this, I'd do it myself but I'm going to be flying blind using only the advice offered in this thread!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
What more do you want car? (serious question btw, came out wrong lol) I've got some pics kicking about, but this thread seems pretty comprehensive to me, not sure what you're after...

This is the EGR itself:

[Image: DSC00899.jpg]

The bit that goes from the ex manifold to the inlet elbow, has two coolant pipes going into it.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle/Alex do you receive picture message as I can't upload photos?
Thanks given by:
just a note on poodles picture
that is a later type HDi engine, the egr pipework has a water jackeded heat exchanger earlyer hdi's will have a straight pipe with no water heat exchanger
Thanks given by:
That is the most pointlessly complicated EGR system ever!

Whats wrong with the VAG type!? Confused Just a simple pipe in the intake system with a vaccuum plunger - to delete it just replace with a straight pipe. Dunno why Peugeot have to make everything complicated!
Thanks given by:
tom feck off with you VAG shit!

its a preheater for the cabin heater works in conjunction with the electric heater block
Thanks given by:
Ah I guess that makes sense, assumed it was to cool the EGR gassses, rather than warm the coolant. Mines probably not got all that shit then, as the heaters are rubbish lol.

Still, a ridiculous system and waste of all that pipe imo lol...and a PITA to remove/clean/delete as well.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2013, 05:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah I guess that makes sense, assumed it was to cool the EGR gassses, rather than warm the coolant. Mines probably not got all that shit then, as the heaters are rubbish lol.

Still, a ridiculous system and waste of all that pipe imo lol...and a PITA to remove/clean/delete as well.

Just put that plate between top elbow and manifold.

Job done forever and ever and ever and ever.

10 min job, £5 for bits.

Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
Yes i do mate, you having trouble with yours?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mr whippy you my friend have just answered my questions Smile

We're can I get this blanking plate from?

Nope not at the moment just wonted to know if I could just put the blanking plate in the top but mr whippy just answered it for me lol
Thanks given by:
Ebay lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I just texted you Smile
Thanks given by: