Hybrid turbos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hybrid turbos
So I heard reading through fourm threads all sorts of options with turbos. Im interested as to whether there are any turbos out there that u could remove the internals and put them on the existing housing that already fits in the car?
Thanks given by:
yes.
consider.
with custom plates you could fits 100s of different turbos.
with a hybrid, you thus have the choice of 100s times 100s of combinations.

its up to knowledge, preference and skills as to what.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well I had heard that a ko3 or ko4 internals would fit... bit id prefer to not have to make plates there advantage to keeping the same housing that fits and modifiy the internals. Hoping to be told what fits and then I can start shopping around.
Thanks given by:
I would be surprised if the lads here who have spent many many late nights and hours working it all out then doing it and breaking it and trying again will just tell you what will work.
its not quite that simple either.
keep at the reading and research and make the choice yourself
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wheres DumDum the engineer when we need him?!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 12:07 AM)Tom Wrote: Wheres DumDum the engineer when we need him?!

With his turbo he built then immediately sold the car with, only for the next buyer to sell the car almost immediately too?

I do wonder if anyone will even get chance to break it lol
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes its entirely possible, this is what a hybrid turbo is.

I had a KO3/KO3S hybrid built about 4-5 years ago by turbo dynamics and it was (is) awesome. Just Sean had it last and I forget who he sold it to.

I also recently built myself a Hybrid of a GT1549 into the 306s GT1544 housing. It was a little crude but it worked.
Thanks given by:
Waste of money imo, with a bit of research and some adaptation you can fit almost any turbo to these engines, so why spend £ra*e.99 on a hybrid that isn't as efficient..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I thought that one of the problems with this enginw is the lack of space behind the engine and the bulk head?
Thanks given by:
There is some space just not alot if your sensible you can fit something suitable certainly a GT17 GT18 or GT20 will fit.
Thanks given by:
Sold it to ian Chris.

Will be awesome in the slamwagon
Thanks given by:
newer GT series turbos, gt1752 for instance, arent much bigger than the standard, are very cheap to come by and if your lucky fit very nicely.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  possible hybrid turbos bashbarnard 17 2,095 27-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Last Post: dashmader