smell of exhaust fumes in the cab

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smell of exhaust fumes in the cab
Ok guys i cant thunk for the life of me were its comming from i have fixed any leaks in exhaust replaced gaskets and its only there when i turn on the fans were is it comming from lol iv looked everywere...
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Breather pipe split?
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well its being sucked in by the fans then so must be somewhere in the bay!
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 04:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well its being sucked in by the fans then so must be somewhere in the bay!

Lol i know its being sucked in through the vents its were is the question theres not much to check on a 1.4 lol mite just leave vents off lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Lol, I meant it has to be at the front of the system, rules out the majority of the exhaust!

Really it can only be the exhaust mani gasket or the cat gasket for an exhaust leak that end.

But it could also be a hot oil smell from the breather as suggested above.
Thanks given by:
have you replaced the wire ring gasket inbetween the downpipe and the cat section? when they compress over time they can leak a bit, the mani/downpipe joint can leak some too, other than that you may have a crack in a pipe somewhere
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 06:14 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, I meant it has to be at the front of the system, rules out the majority of the exhaust!

Really it can only be the exhaust mani gasket or the cat gasket for an exhaust leak that end.

But it could also be a hot oil smell from the breather as suggested above.

Supose ill av to check all the gaskets again there all brand new less than a month old lol if its one of them thats gone im going to gsf to get a new one all there stuff has 12 month warrenty
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Check the bonnet to scuttle panel seal, if missing it can put fumes into cabin.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  white smoke and smell oil burning majik82 4 2,404 06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: JackLewis_Dturbo