Proper F***ed Off!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper F***ed Off!!!
Picture this. On a dual carriageway doing some miles an hour, hit a POT HOLE, rear right wheel locks up. Car spun 3-4 times, just missed a truck entering on a slip road, ended up facing the wrong way in the hard shoulder! Fortunately the road was quiet and no one was hurt or hit.

The damages.

[Image: img20120220170803.jpg]

The rear subframe mount (front) has completely sheared forcing the beam back, locking the wheel against the rear quarter and bumper. This has sent a nasty ripple down the quarter!

Looking to do the council for the damage but I doubt I will get anywhere. £200 a year for road tax. Pffft.

/rant
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Main thing is ya ok mate, that must have made some bloody noise. but on a lighter note looks like the alloy has survived it
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
council will do f*ck about it aswell! pain in the arse about the rear quater too
Thanks given by:
Facking hell glad you all ok pal that could have bin bad that
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bet that was shit scary. Glad your okay though dude. I would chase it up with the council. Get pictures of pothole and damage etc make sure you get a picture with a ruler showin how big it is
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. Only just sat down for a coffee. Well shaken up. I can handle a car when it goes into a skid in the twisties but this was something else! I really thought, "this is it" lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Put something stronger in that coffee sounds like you need it

Thanks given by:
Lol about the alloy. Strange I dunno if it's just the minds way of dealing with it but I thought exactly the same!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Has the tyre survived as well??

Thanks given by:
londondan86 Wrote:Picture this. On a dual carriageway doing some miles an hour

:roll:
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Bet that was shit scary. Glad your okay though dude. I would chase it up with the council. Get pictures of pothole and damage etc make sure you get a picture with a ruler showin how big it is

This is my plan. Bit difficult in the middle of a bloody dual carriageway! Even if it doesn't come of anything I will write to the to give them a piece of my mind!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Matthew Wrote:
londondan86 Wrote:Picture this. On a dual carriageway doing some miles an hour

:roll:

lol To be fair it wasnt that quick and even if I were going slower the skid would have still happened, just maybe 1 less turn!!! lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Bet that was shit scary. Glad your okay though dude. I would chase it up with the council. Get pictures of pothole and damage etc make sure you get a picture with a ruler showin how big it is

I rolled my car as I hit a pot hole, it ripped the front wheel off and made my car go up a bank and slide down the road on its roof and it truthfully gave me whiplash...took the council to court and got 4k!...they were questioned by the judge why the road from the councils own records was repaired every 6 months due to a sinking pot hole.

I had pics of ruler in the pit hole and the damage to my car, I also went through a no-win, no-fee solicitor..they'll sort it all for you.

Ps my barrister advised me that councils have money put-aside for things like this Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I binned my clio once on wet mud apprantly the police man who turned up said he had asked the council to clean it the day before so after a trip to the hospital i went home to get my camera to take pictures and the swines had cleaned it lol the car survived just needed a new wing and headlight there is still a hole in the fence where it landed lol the wife named the corner "Hitch's bend " lol

Thanks given by:
Glad everyone was ok! What you going to do with the car?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Glad everyone was ok! What you going to do with the car?

This is the big question for me now, entirely damage dependant. If the side that is still attached has twisted the rear subframe it is a write off :cry:

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Must be so annoying! Let's hope it's not as bad as its thought!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if the damage is under £300 they will most likely payout, if its more it will be a day in court
Thanks given by:
Gutted for you bud the f*cking roads piss me off I have been pulled loads them thinking I have been drinking!!! No officer I just don't like driving through fecking craters
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If that had ripped the subframe off, i doubt that wheel is ok, but least noone was hurt
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
faaaaarkin' 'ell mate, you were really lucky! hope you manage to get the council to pay out, my bro in law was fighting for aberdeenshire council to pay for the supension repair on his a4 after it got shagged on their crappy roads. can't remember how he got on tho...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Shit mate, that could have ended badly! You were lucky I reckon...

As for claiming off the council, it all depends if that pothole has been reported before. If it has and they've done nothing about it then they'll be liable for the damage to your car, if not they'll get away with it on the defence that they can't know about every pothole unless people report them Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
glad your ok make. sounds like the mounts were prtty past it anyway if it didbt damage the wheel

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
get a new beam and new rear bumper - cheap as chips - job done!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Aww that sucks. But you need to record the pothole. Ie how deep, long and wide to make a case get that done asap
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if the council ask for pics of the car try to make it look as standard as possible or theyll rpobs jsut say "boy racer over speed limit,no compo"
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ben87 Wrote:if the council ask for pics of the car try to make it look as standard as possible or theyll rpobs jsut say "boy racer over speed limit,no compo"

I doubt that, the type of car or speed isn't a factor.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a PROPER family car haha Sian 48 13,952 26-08-2016, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  A proper old scrap yard. Marcus1991 2 1,215 19-04-2014, 04:40 AM
Last Post: procta
  Proper bin lid/ Manwich Uberderv 15 2,887 21-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Last Post: lolsteve