Fitting help with push button start ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting help with push button start ?
Hi peeps,

I bought this push button start switch to replace my old one.

http://www.rallynuts.com/vehicle-switche...witch.html

Now at the back it doesn't have a positive or negative sign on any of the wire connection terminals, it only has, 1,2,3. One will be for the main live, other will be the negative and the 3rd will be the terminal for the illumination side of it.

Does anyone have any idea about these, im thinking that number 1 is for the main live, 2 is the neg and 3 is for the illumination ?

Also it did not come with any instructions so im unsure on the correct fitment.

Thankyou ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
I aint got a clue mate but ut might help others if they could see whst your on about.
Pics...
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ask Grant, he's ace with electrics! Big Grin

/troll
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
email the seller and ask for a wiring diagram, or contact grayston. they're the only people that'll accurately be able to heklp you i'd reckon, unless someone else has fitted this exact one before
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
IMO email the people you bought it from and say how the f*ck am i spose to know what terminals do what without instructions. Then when you get instruction wire it up.

OR get a multimeter out and see which 2 terminals have continuity when the button is depressed and hook up your power and ground to those, should work then.

What he said ^^ i was to slow
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
email graston for the pinout for the switch

sales@grayston.biz
Thanks given by:
Cant seem to easily add picures here.

In the link you can see the back section of it, the bit where it has white writing with 12v etc is labeled as number 1, the other 2 just has it labled as 2 n 3 nothing more.

Already tried calling them, bank holiday and all that, I want it fitted today if possible, stupid really not having clear instructions.
Thanks given by:
just get a multimeter out and test them
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Also I dont have a multimeter, in electric terms im sure 1, 2, 3 will have certain criteria, not just makers marks surely ?

Just need to know as I don't want to break it.

What i'll do is wire in number 2 with a neg and 3 with a low live and see if it illuminates.

I have a battery tester which has current lights etc, ill try that out.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 12:33 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Ask Grant, he's ace with electrics! Big Grin

/troll

lmao beat me to it
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If he handles electrics like he does with office workers then im in trouble lol.
Thanks given by:
Right so number 1 n 3 are both the negative for both start and illumination, number 2 is the main live for both start and illumination. I noticed that on the old start button live was on number 2.

Now the only shit part of this nice looking button is the fact it only illuminates when you press it.
Thanks given by:
this is what your aiming for but your explanation of pinout confuse's me

red bits are your wires to your switch
be warned this will be able to crank the engine with the key removed
Thanks given by:
Funny that iv never tried to push the old button without key in before and yes that too turns engine over but only when toad alarm is off and wont start till key is on full ignition.
Thanks given by:
There's no power to the fuel pump until key is at ignition so it won't start. However by cranking it in gear it can end up down the road lol....

I dont see the point on a 306 anyway....you still have to put the key in and turn it so you're just using more effort to start the car! Confused
Thanks given by:
Who said anything about it being in my 6 lol ?

Its a show car and I like them and goes with the track car theme, saves the ignition barrel wear and tear anyways. I always leave my cars in gear as a habit, case one decides to roll down a hill lol, so im used to checking its out of gear before starting them, as another habit.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 05:35 PM)Bender Wrote: I always leave my cars in gear as a habit,

lol that what Grant did then his dodgy wiring cranked the car off down the road
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 05:35 PM)Bender Wrote: Who said anything about it being in my 6 lol ?

Its a show car and I like them and goes with the track car theme, saves the ignition barrel wear and tear anyways. I always leave my cars in gear as a habit, case one decides to roll down a hill lol, so im used to checking its out of gear before starting them, as another habit.

Saves barrel wear and tear? Never thought of it like that! Tongue

If you have a push button start I'd make sure it's out of gear while parked.....after seeing what happened with Grants! lol
Thanks given by:
Did that seriously happen to grant then ?

Wont happen with mine without toad alarm and immobiliser turned off lol.
Thanks given by:
Yes lol - http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3657.html
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Push button start HDIkyle 15 6,240 29-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle