Saxo 1.1 TU Failed MOT on emissions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saxo 1.1 TU Failed MOT on emissions
I have a saxo 1.1 which has failed on a bunch of mechanical stuff which is no issue to sort, my main concern is it failed on the C0 part of emissions. Pass is 0.3 I beleive, and this has scored 0.55 - apparently this is just over the pass rate?

Anyway, I honestly havent a clue about making petrols run better, im mostly diesel, so my question is, how can I fix this?

Slacken off cable so it cant rev as hard? stop the TB opening as much? this is how I do my derv :p

Change the lambda sensor? do these engines have maf sensors?

It has a stock air intake, but the exhaust has a gutted diesel backbox on it, so its slightly free-er flowing. I didnt really want to have to put another backbox on this as its welded straight to the exhaust and would require cutting off, but if this is the source of my problem then I shall have to.

Just wanted some ideas cos I havent got a clue Sad
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would guess at lambda bud!! Though that result could have gone through after a good ragging
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Prob be the cat but I would recommend doing the lambda sensor at the same time
Thanks given by:
cats for these cost buttons by the way, same as 106 xn--about £40 , but the lambda sensor was expensive (ngk) at about £60............I had a 1.1 tu 106 fail 2 years in a row, tried cataclean the first year and it passed but this year it didn't work, put a cat on it and passed.
Thanks given by:
Petrol car fails on emissions
Fit XUD
Turn fuel down
Fly through MOT
Turn fuel up.

/thread
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
With the lambda get a universal one I believe 4 wire ones, £15 bit of solder problems solved
Thanks given by:
lambda or cat or both mate . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
What was the lambda reading?
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Give it total abuse on the way there, will probs pass then, failing that most likely lambda / f*cked cat due to bad lambda, seems to be only thing petrols fail gas test on
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
"Was a bit high on emissions, so just stuck another car on instead"
Thanks given by:
What arrange said, maybe a bit of redex, I've done that in the past and that's made them pass. Getting it f*cking hot before the test helps a ton too
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Burn it. Best thing for a tu engine, and a saxo. I know I have one
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Ok just to update the outcome of this, I put some Redex in and got it real got before the test and still failed on a similar reading. The bloke was cool and apparently hit the wrong button though so can't complain.

I sold it two days later for ££275 and a years mot on it.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
for future reference dipetane usually works a treat
Thanks given by:
Or isopropanol, that was the trick for the racers that went through SVA/IVA Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MOT emissions fail data interpretation balkan_bozo 4 2,825 28-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Emissions :( Kristina 13 6,443 04-06-2018, 05:56 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  CO2 emissions baz1701 3 2,165 30-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Last Post: John1.4