GI: Peugeot 306 HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI: Peugeot 306 HDi
I am undecided about what to do with my 306. I like the car very much and it has always got my A to B without letting me down while the car has spend over 1 year in Europe. So its been a good little car to me so I am reluctant to sell it but at the same time the car has been in storage for the last year when I got the car back to the UK.

Because I don't live in the UK much these days I have to decide what to do:
1) sell the car, 2) take it back with me next time, or 3) back in to the storage unit for another year.

The MOT ran out on the 4th Aug this year and only covered 5 or so miles before it got out into storage  last year and has no tax.

Its in average condition I would say.

Just had fresh oil and filters.

I will be changing the coolant and brake fluid at some point and sorting the tensioner squeak out (Think I need to adjust the tensioner).

It had new drive, AUX belt, pulleys/ tensioner pulleys, bottom pulley, water pump fixed 7k miles ago, also anti roll-bar linkages both sides about 3k miles ago as 1 was needed to be replaced so just did both.

It is a really low mileage HDi with 59k on the clock.

Its a 2001 (Y) and the cheaper tax model so costs about £140 for 12 months

If I was to sell my car I would get it MOT'ed.

What would you guys say its wroth?
Thanks given by:
If its free from any major body damage
I would say around 1500 with the mileage
Thats the lowest ive seen in a long time for a 306 glwts
Thanks given by:
X reg cheaper tax? Cheaper tax band didn't come in until Y reg (March 1st '01). Confused

It's a shame it's only LX spec, but obviously is a good low milage example, difficult to value really!
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 04:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: X reg cheaper tax? Cheaper tax band didn't come in until Y reg (March 1st '01). Confused

It's a shame it's only LX spec, but obviously is a good low milage example, difficult to value really!

I made a mistake. Its a Y plate not a X sorry for confusion.

If im correct the only difference with the LX compared to the GLX is electric rear windows + Alloys and compared to the Meridian is electric rear windows + Alloys + Half leather seats and softer suspension.

(23-08-2013, 09:42 AM)reckord Wrote: If its free from any major body damage
I would say around 1500 with the mileage
Thats the lowest ive seen in a long time for a 306 glwts

No major body damage,

One other reason why I don't want to sell it because will be hard to find a low mileage again with a decent engine.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 04:21 PM)vento85 Wrote:
(23-08-2013, 04:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: X reg cheaper tax? Cheaper tax band didn't come in until Y reg (March 1st '01). Confused

I made a mistake. Its a Y plate not a X sorry for confusion.

If im correct the only difference with the LX compared to the GLX is electric rear windows + Alloys and compared to the Meridian is electric rear windows + Alloys + Half leather seats and softer suspension.

LX and meridian have the same suspension. But otherwise yes, seats, wheels and electric rear windows are the main Meridian differences. Also a leather steering wheel but I think even LX's had that by Y reg. Plus the colour is the biggest thing, Meridians never came in black.

Doesn't really add a lot of value but those things make a car more saleable - I've personally avoided LX's in the past in favour of a Meridian.
Thanks given by:
I guess I will decided in the 2 weeks what to do with the car. So if I was to get a good offer that I could not refuse then yes I will let it go.
Thanks given by:
Pm me if u decide to sell. Where do u live?
Thanks given by:
wow, not seen a hdi with that milage in a long time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 11:28 PM)EddB Wrote: Pm me if u decide to sell. Where do u live?

I will let you know what I decide. Based in the west midlands.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2013, 05:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Plus the colour is the biggest thing, Meridians never came in black.

Meridian spec'd black GLX's FTW Tongue

id say between £1200-£1600 IMO huge difference there but i think its capable, if you could find leather seats for £50 or less to put in i think that would help the sale no end aswell as the price

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(24-08-2013, 06:19 PM)puglove Wrote:
(23-08-2013, 05:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Plus the colour is the biggest thing, Meridians never came in black.

Meridian spec'd black GLX's FTW Tongue

id say between £1200-£1600 IMO huge difference there but i think its capable, if you could find leather seats for £50 or less to put in i think that would help the sale no end aswell as the price

I guess I could get some leathers if under £50 for the car and make it into a Meridian spec'd, I also do have Dturbo(HDi) front suspension that I could put on also or maybe keep them Big Grin
Thanks given by:
its on worth as to what the buyer wants to pay. Its still a 306 even though its a low miler id say £1000-£1200
Thanks given by:
My self I would keep the car its basic like a new car. Also there so cheap to run and being low milage to. Then getting anther car as good as this and easy to repair etc not easy now days.

I like the older cars easy to repair and cheap to run. If you find a good one like this to me its like having a new car.
Thanks given by:
Gauging interest, as I might be back in the UK for 10 days from next week, if I am I will be putting the HDi for sale.
Thanks given by:
More pics? Price? Current mileage?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
When I did a WIW post the mileage was 59k, but at the moment I am not 100% of the exact mileage, I will have to check the mileage on Monday once I land back home into the UK.

Not seen the car for over 11 months as been out of the country, so this is my only chance to visit before Christmas.

I will get more pictures on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Price £1600 ono ?
Thanks given by:
It might be worth that buddy but not to me. Thanks anyway. :-)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by: