EGR...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR...
The EGR on my HDi is still all connected up, just wondering is it a hard job to:
1. Blank off the EGR
&
2. Clean all the soot thats built up because of the EGR

Have next week off and was gona set about doing this to the car always meant to.
Thanks given by:
Have a look here mate.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-13047.html
Thanks given by:
Its relatively straight forward, you'll need to remove the top elbow if you want to remove all the soot and gunk, get some strong degreaser as its horrible stuff left mine soak in a bucket while i cleaned up the engine bay. Hardest bit for me was removing the clip on the hose at the bottom of the elbow as someone had put it back on at a weird angle not hard just fiddly.
Thanks given by:
What all needs to come off exactly? And would making a home made blanking plate do the job outta a bit of sheet metal?
Thanks given by:
Need to remove the air box and pipework then undo the 2 bolts on the top of the inlet elbow and also the 2 allen bolts on the egr side watch you dont loose the metal gasket as it will drop out the bottom. Then undo a bracket and the clip that holds the elbow to the bottom hose, should come out with some wiggling then. Yea should be able to diy the blank seen cut up coke cans used in the past, just use the metal egr gasket as a guide.

Once thats all cleaned and reassembled, you'll need to disable the egr itself theres a guide in the section to do this
Thanks given by: