XUD pump wiring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD pump wiring
I am fitting a 306 TD engine (1996) to a 2006 Expert van, the wiring is totally different as the van was running an ECU, the 306 pump has three wires, does anyone know what supply is needed to these? The 306 engine has a crank sensor fitted, I take it this is only to give a signal to the rev counter. Regards
Thanks given by:
Ignition positive t stop solenoid, that's it
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt bet on you managing to get a revcounter to work mind.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 06:08 AM)Piggy Wrote: I wouldnt bet on you managing to get a revcounter to work mind.

Hi, Thanks for the quick replies, I'm not bothered about the rev counter, what are the other two cables that go to the pump for? I don't think the 306 had an immobiliser, if I get this running I will have to get some tips for a bit more power, I am putting in a front intercooler mainly because the van doesn't have a scoop on the bonnet for the original, does anyone sell a connection to alloy inlet manifold as it's a strange shape. Cheers Colin
Thanks given by:
you can buy an adapter or fit a xantia/406 xud intake as they ran fmics.

dont worry about the extra wires...take the plug off and just ensure it has 12v with ignition on and when ignition turns off that there isnt 12v there!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 08:43 AM)Piggy Wrote: you can buy an adapter or fit a xantia/406 xud intake as they ran fmics.

dont worry about the extra wires...take the plug off and just ensure it has 12v with ignition on and when ignition turns off that there isnt 12v there!

Okay I'll try that, I have just read your build thread, I know you must feel down about it after the work you have put into your car but just try and think of how little needs done to fix it compared to the mountain you climbed to get it where it is.
Thanks given by: