Impressive Innovation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressive Innovation
Shamelessly stolen from the '6 forum.

Should this hit lower level production, it could revolutionise the way cars work. Really impressive stuff right there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bch5B23_pu0
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
That is quite an epic advance in tech, will also make timing engines up far more precise, could also be used for being able to switch maps while on the move as its all computer controlled
Thanks given by:
They have the best job ever
Thanks given by:
That's very impressive, wonder if I can make it in my garage.... lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's been in the pipeline for quite a while now, I bet mapping it is fun Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Very cleaver stuff yet ever so simple, seems like one of those things that will be on every car within a short time of being in production, seems like huge amounts of positive gains in all the right areas, question is cost i suppose

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
They are some pretty big figures he was listing off there! Would be great if this did come into play.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That is really epic, wonder if with this system you do away with the timing belt??

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 05:44 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: That is really epic, wonder if with this system you do away with the timing belt??

Yes you do. He said that the car has no cam shafts at all so what else is the belt needed for? Water pump maybe but i suppose they can just aux belt drive that.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 05:46 PM)Niall Wrote:
(21-08-2013, 05:44 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: That is really epic, wonder if with this system you do away with the timing belt??

Yes you do. He said that the car has no cam shafts at all so what else is the belt needed for? Water pump maybe but i suppose they can just aux belt drive that.

Not matter what they put the water pump on, it would never be a timing belt. There's nothing to time! Haha

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
This is properly awesome, it's so simple really!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 06:14 PM)Grant Wrote:
(21-08-2013, 05:46 PM)Niall Wrote:

Not matter what they put the water pump on, it would never be a timing belt. There's nothing to time! Haha

Yeah got to keep that waterpump in time. Dont you time yours when you do your cam belt? no wonder your car taps so much Tongue
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 06:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah got to keep that waterpump in time. Dont you time yours when you do your cam belt? no wonder your car taps so much Tongue

I knew I was going wrong somewhere Sad

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Thats pretty impressive innovation, and providing the ability to completely eliminate the timing belt. At the same time I cant help but feel that the timing belt is 'simpler' though, and would cause less problems in high mileage cars, I think im just oldschool though Wink
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
my idea. stolen. Doh

has been around for quite some time mind.

but not cost effective for mass production as yet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2013, 09:06 AM)Dave Wrote: Thats pretty impressive innovation, and providing the ability to completely eliminate the timing belt. At the same time I cant help but feel that the timing belt is 'simpler' though, and would cause less problems in high mileage cars, I think im just oldschool though Wink

Exactly this.

That I what they are developing though. Granted there is more to go wrong, but due to the fact the valves return to the closed position with no feed, should something fail, you are going to get little/no head/piston damage.

Genius really

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
its very clever.
still wonder about cost
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That is true piggy. But as with all technology, as it becomes more widely used and advanced, it will trickle down the car ranges and become more affordable.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I'm genuinely really impressed with this!
Thanks given by:
I was going to say something about "isnt this a repost" and then i read the date lol

Think next years F1 engines are running this technology Smile
Thanks given by: