Turbo Wear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Wear
Is this normal wear for a HDi K03 on X reg? Confused

It's done 160k with full service history (I'd probably suggest the air filter was changed more often lol!)

[Image: IMAG2886_zps0373ce53.jpg]

Just seems odd that my 123k GT15 and the 130k GT1749v didn't have anywhere near as much fin damage when removed! Speechless

Tom
Thanks given by:
No, im gonna say thats not normal lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, that's what I was thinking lol!

Is it salvageable or should I just scrap it?
Thanks given by:
That's not normal, no. It's probably fine, but I'd still be inclined to scrap it. Mainly on the basis that if anything was wrong with the turbo it'd be a right pita to sort out with the buyer, and even if it's fine the apparent condition is going to hurt the value.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Damn, I got a whole £10 note for the GT15, looks like I've lost out on this one then!
Thanks given by:
Really? Well at that price you could label it spares or repairs i should think, then they've got no come-back. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah the other one was spares/repair lol, had a bit of play in the shaft so just saved any comeback. But after seeing this one Id say the other was probably fine lol.

Just wondering if they're worth fixing though? Good ones are cheap enough so dunno if people bother buying known faulty ones to repair...

Might stick it on ebay, unless anyone on here wants to try it.
Thanks given by:
Don't know tbh, i guess so as the other one sold didn't it lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmmmmm...next question, I'm more used to VNT's (no wastegate), so I'm not sure whether this is right or not - should I be able to move the wastegate arm at all (as if opening the wastegate). Basically I can't move it with as much strength as I have (not much, granted haha) and just wondered if I should be able to?
Thanks given by:
2 possibilities.. 1) it's seized.. 2) you're not strong enough to open it lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hammer? lol

I know theres a spring in the diaphragm, but surely it cant be stronger than I am lol? Undecided

If it is seized it could be the cause of the premature wear? Making the fans hit the casing and snap the corners off them....?
Thanks given by:
I dunno.. i wouldn't of thought so tbh..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just sell it as S&R tom, might be some one out there that needs it, but defo cant sell it as good working condition one, (even though it technically is)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I'm just interested Jamie. I've never really learnt how to properly judge turbo serviceability so interested as to how it should be. Smile
Thanks given by:

Haven't cleaned that one up at all apart from wiping the worst of the grease off, straight off a 50k engine.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh, I can't be that weak lol, I'm gonna say its either seized or extremely stiff on mine then! lol

Cheers Alex.
Thanks given by:
It is stiffer than i was expecting tbf, did need to put quite a bit of force into it.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: