Central Locking Problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central Locking Problem
Hi, I've had a quick look at the guides and done a search but haven't found any info on this yet.

My central locking stopped working on the drivers door earlier today. As the drivers door is opened and closed approx 50 times per night I thought maybe the plug onto the motor could have moved and had a bad connection. I stripped off the door card and checked the plug which seemed fine and the central locking started working again however, a few hours later it stopped again. I wiggled the wiring between the door pillar and the door and bingo it started working again, then stopped, another wiggle and worked again so I'm guessing it could be a broken wire in the harness. I have unplugged it check there is no corrosion and all looks nice and clean. Is it common for the wiring to break here? I guess it could be. I'm thinking if this is the issue the best thing to do is to work out which colours are the central locking and cut out a legnth and resolder a new piece in or is there a better way?

Thanks

Tony

Edit
After more poking about the forum it seems that the loom is the prime suspect so when I manage to get a day off, some wire and some heat shrink all at the same time I will chop and solder and see what happens :-)
Thanks given by:
Its a common fault on these buddy. But your on the right track... new loom and soldering iron needed

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Jesus, what do you get up to opening the door 50 times a night? lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 10:20 PM)Grant Wrote: Jesus, what do you get up to opening the door 50 times a night? lol

Probably not what your thinking Tongue

I'm one of those annoying takeaway delivery drivers Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central locking/deadlocking/immobiliser going beserk. pug306driver 5 2,048 29-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  central locking bypass auto unlocking andyw 1 1,224 04-07-2021, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Universal remote central locking carrot 1 1,561 19-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Mighty306