Fitting braided hoses to my 106 with 266mm brakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting braided hoses to my 106 with 266mm brakes
I no its not a 306 but hope you guys can help as no one ever replys on 106moaners

so want some braided lines for my 106 but fitting the 266mm brake set up soon, will normal 106 braided lines fit?? or am i gonna have to get some made up??

Any help welcome thanks

Thanks given by:
yea they'll fit, you may have to 'move' the brake pipe bracket on the inner arch so the line doesn't foul the strut, just a drill and pop rivet job (only if it isn't ok in the first instance lol)
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
pretty much that ^^

just have to make sure they don't foul the wheel like mine did....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys been looking at braided seem expensive so just gonna replace the standard ones.

Thanks given by:
Get ones off a 306 then. S625SBJ for a regular for the auto factors, that's my old xsi. Should be like 8 quid a side

*registration

Thanks given by:
306 ones are almost double the length of 106 ones. If I had of known, I have a set of 106 braided lines I've just binned.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah but they work better with the 266 brakes cut you can really get them out the way of the wheels.

Thanks given by:
I will have to think about what to do with the flexis not quite sure what to do tbh, what's the reason the hoses can catch on the wheel?

The 306 ones are 530mm 106 ones 330mm (I think) so would it be best to get the 306 ones or would there be to much to try and put out of way??

Thanks given by:
Just the angle that they can screw into the caliper. You'll can't really use 106 ones, well, the standard ones anyway as they a bit too short, and they are pulled a bit too tight on full lock, for my liking anyway.

The way the line twists as you bolt every thing up can sometimes cause it to foul the wheel

Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 01:59 PM)samass Wrote: Just the angle that they can screw into the caliper. You'll can't really use 106 ones, well, the standard ones anyway as they a bit too short, and they are pulled a bit too tight on full lock, for my liking anyway.

The way the line twists as you bolt every thing up can sometimes cause it to foul the wheel

Ok thanks will see if some has got some braided 306 lines cheap

Thanks given by:
As I have said before if your doing the job doubt right!!!

You don't want your brakes failing!!!

As said the 306 ones are around 20cm longer than the 106!!!

As has also being said it is common knowledge that the standard 106 pulls tight when on full lock etc,over time this can lead to a weakening of the line which in turn can lead to a hose failure!!
Also if an mot tester spits it being pulled tight it is a fail!!

Don't scrimp on brakes, either leave them alone or do them right .
At the end of the day you don't want to find out the hard way that a hose has failed
Thanks given by:
(20-08-2013, 08:51 PM)swampy Wrote: As I have said before if your doing the job doubt right!!!

You don't want your brakes failing!!!

As said the 306 ones are around 20cm longer than the 106!!!

As has also being said it is common knowledge that the standard 106 pulls tight when on full lock etc,over time this can lead to a weakening of the line which in turn can lead to a hose failure!!
Also if an mot tester spits it being pulled tight it is a fail!!

Don't scrimp on brakes, either leave them alone or do them right .
At the end of the day you don't want to find out the hard way that a hose has failed

So your saying dont use the 106 hose because its to short, but dont use the 306 hose cos its to long................. so with out getting some made up i carnt fit them :/

at least with the 306 hose it wont stretch on full lock and i can keep it out the way of the wheel......

Thanks for your interest tho swampy but due to some of the comments i had in the couch section i will sort some hoses out my self Smile

Thanks given by:
That's up to you mate

But trying to keep 20cm of hose out of the way of rubbing on anything is almost impossible.

Two things not to scrimp on a car, tyres and brakes
Do it right or don't do it at all
Thanks given by:
Nah bollocks, 306 ones are fine as long as you pay attention when you tightening up the union to the solid line. I've had no issues with mine, it as the 106 lines and 266s that were an issue, even after moving the bracket.

Getting he extra line out of the way isn't difficult

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 08:53 AM)swampy Wrote: That's up to you mate

But trying to keep 20cm of hose out of the way of rubbing on anything is almost impossible.

Two things not to scrimp on a car, tyres and brakes
Do it right or don't do it at all

I'm not gonna scrip on it, if needs be I will go get some custom made but I'm happy to use the 306's ones

(21-08-2013, 09:00 AM)samass Wrote: Nah bollocks, 306 ones are fine as long as you pay attention when you tightening up the union to the solid line. I've had no issues with mine, it as the 106 lines and 266s that were an issue, even after moving the bracket.

Thanks Sam defo thinking of going down the route of the 306 ones unless I can get some custom made one's

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 09:00 AM)samass Wrote: Nah bollocks, 306 ones are fine as long as you pay attention when you tightening up the union to the solid line. I've had no issues with mine, it as the 106 lines and 266s that were an issue, even after moving the bracket.

If your happy with it then fair enough but your the only person I have heard of that uses the 306 lines!!

It's not the right way or the safest way to go about fitting them and speaking with an MOT tester it could be fail if they think there is a chance the line may foul anything
Thanks given by:
Its not the wrong way either. If I thought it was dangerous or was going to foul the wheel, I wouldn't do it. Sure I'm on a budget, but I'm not going to save a few quid for the sake of my brakes. I've repositioned the braked that holds the flexi to the solid line, and then ightened the flexi in the caliper first, then made sure that it's points out of the way, I've wished the flexi in such a way that it wants to pull itself closer to the chassis, with putting unnecessary strain on the line.

There's no way that they want I've done it will fail an mot.

Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 10:49 AM)samass Wrote: Its not the wrong way either. If I thought it was dangerous or was going to foul the wheel, I wouldn't do it. Sure I'm on a budget, but I'm not going to save a few quid for the sake of my brakes. I've repositioned the braked that holds the flexi to the solid line, and then ightened the flexi in the caliper first, then made sure that it's points out of the way, I've wished the flexi in such a way that it wants to pull itself closer to the chassis, with putting unnecessary strain on the line.

There's no way that they want I've done it will fail an mot.

As I have said before for the sake of a few quid, £20 for standard pattern part rubber flexi, versus £28 for custom made correct length braided lines is it worth the risk??

306 lines are not the ones to use, I have never come across any one else that has used them and I have being around the Peugeot scene for the last 15 years.

If you believe it is safe then that is your opinion but I think you should keep some of your ideas to your self as they are not just wrong but also could be dangerous
Thanks given by:
Each time their own. I know my car isn't dangerous.

Thanks given by:
get proper length ones pal.
and you wont regret getting braided. last. win.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-08-2013, 06:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: get proper length ones pal.
and you wont regret getting braided. last. win.

Well said that man!!

Chris_90 please use some common sense and do not use the 306 lines, how any one can say they are correct is beyond believe, just look at these specs

106 line 290mm
306 line 545mm

That's nearly 25cm difference in length!!!
Thanks given by:
also what I mean by "last. win." is that they last forever, so you have that confidence that they ways be good.
plus the difference in brake feel is insane.....I have put standard hoses back on the rear of my green turd (fronts still braided) and I have lost a good 15% brake firmness and bite/feel.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
We'll thanks for your opinions guys, I've picked up some old 306 hoses from scrappy today for free so I can mock up see what it's like, I have a plan in my head but no idea if it will work but will update when I get round to test fitting them.

Thanks given by:
Ffsk

Don't waste your time, risk your car or an insurance claim by messing around trying to bodge 306 lines on to a 106!!

The dimensions speak for themselves Samass is the only person I know who has used this method and it us no way correct or safe!!

To be honest using the standard 106 line would be a better option!
Though that's not the best / safest method either!!

But your choice your car your safety your insurance
Thanks given by:
Christ you're boring.

Thanks given by:
(01-09-2013, 04:50 PM)samass Wrote: Christ you're boring.

Rather be that than dangerous!!
But hey you think you know best but after looking over a few threads of yours you are the king of bodge!!
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, but why are you even on this forum?

Thanks given by:
Erm because I own ( well did when I joined) a 306 and probably have worked on more cars than you can ever dream of!

That's worked on to get to a usable and reliable state rather than make do to get me home but I don't need to justify myself to you

But I will say that when I suggest or give advice on how to fix an issue it will be to make it actually safe and reliable and be what would happen if you was to take it to a garage.
Thanks given by:
Just seen the reply's on here and lmao swampy i take on bored what you say but i will sort out my brake lines ive not had chance to test fit anything yet so when i get chance i will see how it goes i may end up with the 106 hose's yet i dont no till i start mocking up.

But either way i wont be buying the brake lines off you just because of the amount of bad reviews you have had on here and other forms.

Thanks given by:
(06-09-2013, 07:46 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: But either way i wont be buying the brake lines off you just because of the amount of bad reviews you have had on here and other forms.

[Image: Burn-Meme-104572258991.png#Burn%20Meme]
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting Gti-6 brakes? JTaylor2005 2 1,693 02-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Cheaper Braided Brake Hoses Toms306 11 2,346 05-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  306 HDi Brakes (266mm) replacement parts hpi_matrix 14 2,871 02-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Last Post: MY95