is this helmet good enough for track day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this helmet good enough for track day
sometimes the say they require green and gold labels to be acceptable. all this states is 'ece'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380646265699?v...1423.l2649

Thanks given by:
Quote:Helmets certified to the ECE 22.05 standard are approved for competition events by AMA, CCS, FIM, Formula-USA and WERA and are chosen by nearly every professional motorcycle racers competing in world championship road racing, motocross and off road events, including the ultimate sport of Moto GP. Helmets that are certified to both DOT and ECE 22.05 offer the highest level of realistic protection with the added benefit of light weight for day-long comfort and rider performance.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You'll find most trackday places that require a standard will need either a british kitemark, or a snell approval or similar.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Check out demon tweeks, they do some pretty cheap ones and are approved for trackdays....
Thanks given by:
Mines ACU approved with a gold sticker saying british motorcycle sport. Should be good enough no?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
What's your budget mate?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
just resprayed my helmet, like a twat I removed the sticker without realising there were regulations..

Is it likely to get checked.. genuinely had the sticker there in the first place, feel like a numpty now.

If i do need to replace it, will this suffice?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Replacemen...258137ccbe
Thanks given by:
Jimmy, do remember helmet hire is really cheap at Combe anyway... Not sure if you're investing for a load of trackdays or just for Combe.....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
bought that for 27 quid. some places its like 20 quid to rent.....mmm

Thanks given by:
Fair play buddy. You'll look so fetching in that too Heart
Thanks given by:
ha ha. I measured my tyres and I have 1.7 mm all round. so a set of spec 2's are on the cards or maybe r1r??

Thanks given by:
Meh, personally I'd trash the set you've got on track, you'll probably not be able to scrub in a new set of tyres before combe now unless you're planning on a few miles? Also, you'll wear new tyres a lot more due to increased movement from the taller tread blocks....

I'm trashing what's left of my Contisport5s on track and then getting some lovely new PS3s for the Meg Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cheap track helmet lolsteve 37 6,735 14-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Helmet issue.. kieranyeh 66 15,041 04-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Bender
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,631 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970