Car Broke Down, Suspect Headgasket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Broke Down, Suspect Headgasket
I would try a new or second hand know to work ICV first.

check earths too.

it may have just started getting warm coz it was running rich and revving its nuts off
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Or to add to piggys idea blast the icv out with brake cleaner
Thanks given by:
as he said in the first post, he has already done that.

so Im suspecting its totally kaput
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Skim reading fail
Thanks given by:
Well I changed the throttle cable and cable housing last weekend. Took me a while but did it myself. Also removed the throttle body and cleaned with carb cleaner and replaced the Idle Control Valve, Postion Sensor and RPM Sensor and crank shaft sensor. Throttle cable seems like a dream now and car idles ok but I still have the intermittent problem with the rev counter which stops working.

I will post another thread about that as I don't think its head gasket related

Chris
Thanks given by:
mine used to do this dont know what the problem was then the headgasket went around 10k later, dont know if it was related or not?
Thanks given by:
I've had a few TU engined cars. Both have had a film of oil in the rad, but no other indication of head gasket failure. I changed the HG on the 106, and there was no difference. After this, I concluded that a bit of oil was normal for these cars.

Check for pressurised coolant pipes when running - that's when you know it's gone.
Thanks given by:
No oil is normal for any car. There's no oil in my rad.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headgasket refitting Toms306 6 1,863 30-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Alan_M