CHRISTMAS MEET LOCATION poll

Poll: Christmas Meet 2013 Location
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Milton Keynes
21.57%
11 21.57%
Gloucester
21.57%
11 21.57%
York
29.41%
15 29.41%
Portsmouth
27.45%
14 27.45%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHRISTMAS MEET LOCATION poll
(18-08-2013, 07:24 PM)Kimmie Wrote:
(18-08-2013, 07:18 PM)Connor Wrote: Kim, Portsmouth isn't a good location... look at its location, shouldn't have even been an option. Refer to my previous posts

Understood. We actually considered Bristol which would have been right on your doorstep but the cost of hotels etc made it unfeasible. Had Bristol been on the list would you have voted for MK instead?

We honestly are trying to cover as much ground as possible with our options. Portsmouth is still over an hour's drive for me, it's not on everybody's doorstep! It really was put up there for the fact that there's so much for people to do there. Just like Reading was last year.

The poll is there for people to vote for what they want. Those are the four locations.

Please read my first post in this thread, I feel that covers things nicely

Oh and just to add, at least bristol is well linked and right on 2 of the most major motorways. Portsmouth isnt
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right guys i tell you what then. Why dont you all name one location where you would like to have the christmas meet and lets see what we come up with.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 08:13 PM)Niall Wrote: Right guys i tell you what then. Why dont you all name one location where you would like to have the christmas meet and lets see what we come up with.

Niall, the point is before people start spitting dummies, a poll is fine, but all the locations should be reasonably central to accomodate as many people as possible, imho of course Smile x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 08:22 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(18-08-2013, 08:13 PM)Niall Wrote: Right guys i tell you what then. Why dont you all name one location where you would like to have the christmas meet and lets see what we come up with.

Niall, the point is before people start spitting dummies, a poll is fine, but all the locations should be reasonably central to accomodate as many people as possible, imho of course Smile x

but as i said, its not just a location we have considered. If we were just doing it on location, we would of had one in the south, one west, one east and one north but its not as simple as that. People would kick off big time if we chose somewhere that was central but there is no where to park at the hotel and that would just be another thing thats our fault because "we should of taken that into consideration"
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lets go old school and go back to Coventry Wink
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 08:25 PM)Niall Wrote:
(18-08-2013, 08:22 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

but as i said, its not just a location we have considered. If we were just doing it on location, we would of had one in the south, one west, one east and one north but its not as simple as that. People would kick off big time if we chose somewhere that was central but there is no where to park at the hotel and that would just be another thing thats our fault because "we should of taken that into consideration"

mate seriously, i understand, but just because there are things to do there doesn't mean that we should have the meet there, i just want to emphasize the point that i know a lot of thought goes into these things and it's easy to moan, however i think the location is slightly more important and there are things to do in most places . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
To avoid the possibility of Portsmouth winning by 1 vote, surely the logical answer is to have 2 rounds of voting?

Vote between these four, and then vote between the top two?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 08:44 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: To avoid the possibility of Portsmouth winning by 1 vote, surely the logical answer is to have 2 rounds of voting?

Possibly the most sensible suggestion i've seen so far. Either that or voting for all four in order of preference. Otherwise you could get 74% of people unsure of where to have the meet having no preference over York, Glous or MK, yet it being held in Pompey because that's what got the FPTP vote
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 08:44 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: To avoid the possibility of Portsmouth winning by 1 vote, surely the logical answer is to have 2 rounds of voting?

Actually that does sound like a really good idea! Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

i'd just rather it was fair to as many as possible so we all have to drive 2/3 hours average or whatever, i'm not into this North/South divide bullshine, there's highlanders i get on with and lowlanders too, whatever . . . . .meet in the middle, i've said my bit now i think . .Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 08:48 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

i'd just rather it was fair to as many as possible so we all have to drive 2/3 hours average or whatever, i'm not into this North/South divide bullshine, there's highlanders i get on with and lowlanders too, whatever . . . . .meet in the middle, i've said my bit now i think . .Smile

Matt we have tried it before and it doesnt work. Look at the Cumbria camping meet. Not many southerners turned up because of the expense of driving up. I would love to have a meet somewhere where we can all get there and have a bloody good laugh but unfortunately, money plays a big part of that which some members dont have enough of.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
YESS! BOW DOWN TO ME AND MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT!!!!!!

Sorry...got carried away.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I've locked this thread for now and will sort it later. If anyone has a problem with this feel free to pm me
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,859 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,878 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
  306oc Christmas Meet 2017 - 2nd/3rd December - Coventry Eeyore 26 22,234 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM