weird problem with linkage...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weird problem with linkage...
basically...the lever ball/quadrant ball no longer does anything, i think its because its worn because it hasnt come off, im guessing getting one from the scrappy is the best bet? and how do i get it off?
Thanks given by:
I belive most of the links just pop off they have clip grippers inside and should just pop off ..
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Think scrappy would be best bet think you can get them new though

Best way is to pop the linkages off with a 13mm spanner and I think the ball is bolted to the subframe
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
just while on topic...

are all the linkages the same on all the gearbox's?

I got some gti uprated ones...a hdi box...and a 1.6 petrol car, thus the rod from the gearstick to rubber ball is a 1.6...one of the linkages dont seem to fit!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 09:35 AM)Piggy Wrote: just while on topic...

are all the linkages the same on all the gearbox's?
Good question id asume they are all the same as the gearbox is in the same place on all 306s aint they lol...
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
yeah its just the long bar that goes from bottom of gear stick to to the joint on the subframe seems to be different on the ph3 petrol compared to my ph1 diesel...and I cant get one link to fit
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 11:24 AM)Piggy Wrote: yeah its just the long bar that goes from bottom of gear stick to to the joint on the subframe seems to be different on the ph3 petrol compared to my ph1 diesel...and I cant get one link to fit

Lol well if in doubt give it a clout lol..
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
not quite that simple! ...but a grinder and welder may come into play
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No they are not the same. The boxes used on the TU engines have different length bars i believe and also some use a 2 link setup where as all the XU boxes use a 3 link setup.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
bugger
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
TUs are either single linkage (with a 'stabiliser' link) or triple linkage on the later ones. The triple linkage ones also use two types of 'long' linkage, one has both ends facing the same way, the other has ends at 90 degrees to each other.

Was a right pain finding the correct gearbox for my 1.4!
Thanks given by: