Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for a bigger car next year....
(14-08-2013, 02:59 PM)Ruan Wrote: Vauxhalls unless you love changing EGR valves on the Z19DTH and want to be driven round in the most dull, boring vehicle ever... Steer well clear. It's quite amazing how Saab managed to actually give the 9-3s and 9-5s a sense almost of character, yet essentially the same car failed so miserably.

Ruan is right to a certain degree here, although the Z19DTH seems hit & miss.

I played it safe with mine & had the EGR mapped out within 10k of buying the car (Had no issues with it in that 10k mind..) Bearing in mind you are very local to the Z19DTH king up in woodbridge who does the best maps in the UK, I would still suggest this.

How Ruan can say it's a dull, boring vehicle when he has a 130 odd bhp Volvo estate.. i'll never know, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like I say, the Vectra is a hell of a car for the cash, with £80 spent you will lose the EGR issue and have 200bhp under your right foot along with almost 50mpg. I've racked up almost 17k in the 10 months ive had mine and its not once had an issue. They do suffer with swirl flaps so look at this if you buy one.

Saabs are very nice but the interior on them is horrible, just green lights & the huge flat centre console area is very dated, the design has been around since what the 80s.

The mondeo put me off as the economy of them for a lower power car is shocking, they struggle to hit early 40's, which is a shame as looks wise i'd choose one over the vauxhall equivilant, all day long.

Overall it's a difficult one.

If i had 2.5k to spend today, I certainly wouldnt buy a volvo, saab or vectra.

Personally i'd be looking for a newer shape Leon pd130, all rounder with awesome looks. Only wish i'd found one in my budget before I got the vec.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C.A.R. - 14-08-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by 1616six - 14-08-2013, 03:37 PM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C2K - 15-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of a bigger turbo? Dum-Dum 30 4,830 01-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  bigger turbo on a astra 1.7 dti bayley 7 2,755 13-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Oil-burner