Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going for a bigger car next year....
You'd get yourself an early V50/S40 2.0d on that sorta money, closer to the 3k mark, but given a bit more cash you'd get a better spec one, you then avoid the DPF issues of the proper PSA HDi stuff as even early on they had them - you can avoid a DPF on a V50 by keeping before sorta 55 plate - just make sure it's a Euro3 or early Euro4 - ALL 2.2HDis have DPFs... The early ones are wanktastic so you need to make sure you steer WELL clear of anything early with a DPF, or it WILL give you problems.

Mazda seemed to badly implement the 6 - they do seem to be excessively unreliable. French stuff without DPFs will as always be reliable, even if bits fall off... Volvo seems to be a good blend of Ford-y solidness and French engineering... Sounds mad that it works, but does seem to!

The Mondeo 2.0 "Puma" TDCi Camchain engine is a sack of shit, constant DMF and EGR problems, they're also about as refined as being put on a fast spin with the contents of a Machine Mart store... It makes the PSA 2.0 HDi/TDCi feel like the most smooth V12 ever.

Saabs I hate to say it, as I love them, steer clear of, you're going to find part supply issues. Vauxhalls unless you love changing EGR valves on the Z19DTH and want to be driven round in the most dull, boring vehicle ever... Steer well clear. It's quite amazing how Saab managed to actually give the 9-3s and 9-5s a sense almost of character, yet essentially the same car failed so miserably.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C.A.R. - 14-08-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by Ruan - 14-08-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Going for a bigger car next year.... - by C2K - 15-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thinking of a bigger turbo? Dum-Dum 30 4,830 01-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  bigger turbo on a astra 1.7 dti bayley 7 2,755 13-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Oil-burner