As if my luck couldn't get any worse...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As if my luck couldn't get any worse...
My car now won't start -.-

Can't find that very useful thread that had details on most reasons why a hdi won't start Sad

Basically when the key is turned to the ignition it's normal, lights go on and some off as expected, fuel/oil gauges work

No sound from the lift pump so I'm guessing its that? When I turn the key to start the car there is a click but nothing, the car doesn't even attempt to start

I did run it near empty last night but put 1/3 of a tank in and it started and drove home fine

Done it before to me but it started after 5 mins, I took my uncles car to work and tried again when I got home and it's dead still :/

Fuses to check? Also is the LP under that cover under the drivers side rear seat? As I can't get the cover off and don't actually know what I should be checking :/

Cheers
Thanks given by:
So it's not even trying to crank / turnover?

Sounds battery related almost.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1497.html
Thanks given by:
If all the lights and other electrics work but you just get a click itll be starter motor.
Double check the battery first, with a multimeter across it it should read close to 12v
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 03:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If all the lights and other electrics work but you just get a click itll be starter motor.
Double check the battery first, with a multimeter across it it should read close to 12v

Is there any way ill get it moving tonight or is it going to be on the drive until I get a new one :/

Thanks
Thanks given by:
wack the starter!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Check the battery before anything else lol.

Although when the batt's get low on HDi's they usually get jumping needles and 8888888 on the milage....from experience lol.

Could try bump starting it, but you'll need enough power for the lift pump and ECU stuff at least....
Thanks given by:
It's strange you're not hearing the lift pump and not turning over.

As piggy say hitting the starter solenoid as someone tries to turn it over.
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 04:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Check the battery before anything else lol.

Although when the batt's get low on HDi's they usually get jumping needles and 8888888 on the milage....from experience lol.

Could try bump starting it, but you'll need enough power for the lift pump at least....

I've had the needles thing happen a few weeks ago after I tried to clear the airbag light with an ecu reader meant for vauxhalls! thought that was why

Pushed the car forward a bit off the flat part of my drive, turned the key and it weakly turned over but fired up!

So I've ripped it up and down the industrial estate to get some fuel flowing and not turned it off, what should I do next? Get a new motor?
Thanks given by:
Get a new battery!!

Then check all the cables as ones probably loose or dirty, causing poor connection....
Thanks given by:
Don't get a new battery yet, get a garage to see if its holding charge first. This sounds more like starter motor to me.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Check and clean all the connections on the battery and starter and double check the earth leads nice and clean
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Occasional starting problem - getting worse Warriorsquare 21 3,713 23-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mighty306