Project CJL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project CJL
Right, Where to start.. Well - Here she is when I got her a nicely looked after 1998(S) China Blue DTurbo S completely standard and a well looked after motor with the oil changed every 6 months.

[Image: Start.jpg]

First things first, I had to get rid of the swallows and find some different rear lights (Rookie mistake with the rear lights as they clashed too much, but I had plans for the lights to make them more subtle.)

[Image: DSC00314-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC00309.jpg]

Next, I thought I would do something about my cracked front bumper and thought if i'm going to give it a facelift I might aswell go the whole hog and go ph3 bumpers front and rear. With a new grill and full Magnex stainless System along the way.

[Image: DSC00377.jpg]

[Image: DSC00379.jpg]

[Image: DSC00382-1.jpg]

After this, on Friday 13th August 2010 I had a little shunt, 5MPH max into the back of some financial rapist who took me to the cleaners and got in excess of £7500 for the shunt.. The damage wasn't even that bad as you can see from the pictures. To get my car looking decent again I used this as an excuse to get a ph.3 bonnet along with a ph.3 tailagte.. Just for badness Wink All it needs now are the sideskirts that have been awaiting spraying for the past year lol A New slam panel (fitted when my new engine went in) Along with brand new headlights, Black Angel eyes Big Grin

[Image: IMG_0065.jpg]

The main components of my rebuilt engine came from my magical box of wonders!

[Image: IMG_0077.jpg]

A hybrid T2-25 turbo, A 11mm Franken pump and some D8A conrods! Big Grin

[Image: IMG_0078.jpg]

Which eventually turned into my vision.. I will get some picture of the engine bay and I/C setup once the weather is abit more forgiving Smile

Also.. A picture of how my car is looking a few months back..

[Image: DSC_2406.jpg]

This is where it ends at the moment, I need to get abit of spare time for a good clean to get some pictures of the car as she stands now.

Ph2.5 China Blue, Black cyclones, Lowered around 50mm,
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. I like it Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Looks good mate. I like it Smile

Thanks mate, Still needs some decent photo's since the engines gone in. It's in need of a decent clean, now I've noticed random people in car parks adding to the writing on my tailgate window! Barstewards.
Thanks given by:
So is the turbo and pump on?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah dude, New fully rebuilt engine is fitted with uprated bearings, a Newmans camshaft, hybrid turbo, 11mm pump and FMIC

I've probably forgot more things throughout the car too.. Lol
Thanks given by:
Not had it on the rollers?
Thanks given by:
Engine only went in on 21st October, Clutch still needs to bed in when I sort my fuelling out. Just bought a Laser cut LDA pin from JP for myself for christmas Big Grin

Me and Danny (MidnightClub) were going to try and sort out a RR day around the SW when we're both happy with our cars and see who else is up for it Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see what this pulls! with a decent tune and around what 25psi? i bet it could see 180bhp
Thanks given by:
I'm not hoping for that much. I want 160 and i'd be chuffed. Looking at between 25-30 psi yeah Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm aiming for 160 at around 22psi, anything over is a bonus.
Thanks given by: