Powerflex lower engine mount

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex lower engine mount
Has anyone fitted one of these to an hdi, i have been looking at the one they do for diesels.
And when you knock the old one out can it be knocked out either way, or will it only go one way? Its just i will be doing it using a pit so it would be easier to knock it out towards the drivers wheel, rather than removing the wheel and doing it that way.

Cheers Titch
Thanks given by:
well, little jonny has a lower mount he made from an old mallet, which will be bloody harder than the powerflex one, and its fine, much smoother than i was expecting

also, you can twat them out any old which way
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
also, you can twat them out any old which way
[/quote]

Sweet thanks for that

Titch
Thanks given by:
Hense the name "FLEX" lol.
Thanks given by:
Got one in mine, was a pig to get the old one out, didnt make the cabin rattle any worse.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just in case you were interested, I'm selling a Baker Group N Lower mount currently.... Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Im not sure you can knock them out either way, i think there is only one way they go.
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 03:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Im not sure you can knock them out either way, i think there is only one way they go.

That's what i was afraid of as i will be doing it using a pit and it would be much easier if i could knock the old one out towards the wheel rather than the other way.

Anyone know for sure?
Thanks given by:
Ill go look at the one in the garage and tell you.
Thanks given by:
I cut the rubber out of mine, put a slice in the edge and peeled it out, i followed the guide, just make sure you use sharp blades and its a pretty simple job.
Thanks given by:
Just been out and cant find it, obviously buried under the pile of 306 bits.
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 06:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just been out and cant find it, obviously buried under the pile of 306 bits.

No worries thanks for looking, i have just ordered the powerflex one, so will see when i try and twat the old one out if it will go both ways or not.

(12-08-2013, 06:11 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: I cut the rubber out of mine, put a slice in the edge and peeled it out, i followed the guide, just make sure you use sharp blades and its a pretty simple job.

How did you remove the outer casing bit?
Looking at the guide you saw through it and then bend the edge up and knock it out.
Thanks given by:
Yup, thats exactly what i did, got an electric saw with a lil metal blade so took about two seconds, then just hammer and screw driver to bend it in on itself, just fell out after that.
Thanks given by:
They definitely knock out towards the drivers side. I know because this is how i did mine! Was a bastard of a job!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 09:28 PM)Niall Wrote: They definitely knock out towards the drivers side. I know because this is how i did mine! Was a bastard of a job!

Nice one thanks mate, not looking forward to doing it, but it's got to be done.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox engine mount DeeTurbo 15 2,869 17-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  So today I went to change an engine mount... jordanhdi 8 3,436 11-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Lower engine mount dimensions highwayman306 15 3,421 23-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard