Electric windows deciding not to work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric windows deciding not to work
Seriously getting irritated by my car last few days! So yesterday had my sun roof open and driver side window down! Got home
And the buttons wouldn't work to shut them! So had to leave it like It bare in mind central locking has packed up also ! Sad adam got home and the fuses had gone so he Changed them tested it and it worked to go up and down! thought that was that! No.. Today I get in it! And now the windows won't go down and the sunroof won't work!! Surely can't be a fuse again? And adam doesn't have time to look as he works so late! I can't drive in this heat with the windows up Sad any suggestions?
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
as said on face book

probably the door loom damaged/broken/shorting and blowing the fuse when the door is opened
Thanks given by:
How do I check that out though I don't wana take it all apart hahha!!! Adam would kill me lol
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Is your car phase two?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2013, 08:06 AM)Grant Wrote: Is your car phase two?

i believe its a phase one looking like a ph2 Wink

(10-08-2013, 07:55 AM)Segers266 Wrote: How do I check that out though I don't wana take it all apart hahha!!! Adam would kill me lol

maybe peal back the rubber on the door loom and look for broken wires
Thanks given by:
The fact that the central locking and sunroof have also packed up make me want to say the control module in the rear quarter.

Does the interior light work as it should?

Also the warning pinger for when you leave the headlights on?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
The things not working on car are
Central locking
Electric windows
And the hot air/cold air dials but they have never worked.
All the lights on the car work , I Duno about the noise thing with headlights as adam kindly left my lights on other week and I got in next morning to a flat battery haha!! Everything on it is so temperamental Sad
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
Thats french electrics for you unfortunately!

Have a try when you can, with the ignition off, turn the dipped beams on and open the door. If it doesn't beep then I'd put a pint on it being the module in the rear quarter panel Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Il go do it in a bit! I don't think it does ping! Think its only the blue one that does. Haha! Loosing the passion for this car now too many things going wrong! Lol!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:
give it to me Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Its a common trait in french electrics. Should it turn out to be this module (not that Im saying it definitely is) you may find it fixes most the electrical gremlins in one hit.

Im supposed to be heading down to devon mid September, (well Exford actually, about 30 mins from Barnstaple) so If you're anywhere near there, feel free to rip the module out of my car and try it to see if it eliminates it. Just make sure you put it back Wink

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
It's coming off the road as It has far too many things going wrong so Adams gonna take it to work and look at it properly! So the blue one will be back on the road instead! Noo you can't have her cully hahha!!! Are you going to the castle coombe action day grant? Il nick it then? Hahah!
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  electric windows sb194114 5 1,732 07-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Rear Electric windows LewisG 5 1,644 29-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Last Post: LewisG
  electric windows not working. no2lurch 11 3,680 27-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Last Post: cully