Hello and Help !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and Help !
Hi gang, fairly new to this. I have a phase 3 306 hdi mainly standard apart from de-cat, de egr and K&N panel filter.
Apologies for starting with a problem, but I am stumped. To cut a long story short, I have lost power to the ignition, its not cranking , no dash lights nothing. The headlights and hazards, central locking etc still work, and the starter spins if wired directly to the battery. I have visually checked all the fuses, and cleaned the main earths (gearbox/chassis) and recharged the battery, but still not a sausage.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
which fuses have you checked?

there are some mega ones in the engine bay!

welcome!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers, I had a look at the big bad boys in the engine bay fuse box and all seem fine.
Thanks given by:
have you taken them right out a looked properly (under the bonnet)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome along. What's the wiring condition like on the ingitiln barrel? Do the electrics work on ignition?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Had them out and all appear fine ?
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 03:36 PM)Grant Wrote: Welcome along. What's the wiring condition like on the ingitiln barrel? Do the electrics work on ignition?

I replaced the barrel as the spring had gone. No electrics on ignition :-(
Thanks given by:
Update, I went out and tried to start her tonight, and bingo. Just dash lights on first turn of the key, turned off and on again and jackpot. Purring like a beauty. Que back flip and happy dancing. Left her running for a few minutes switched her off. Tried to switch her on again and sweet fanny Adams . Hooked up the booster pack, and bingo again. Could it just be that the battery has seen better days ? Can't use my multimeter at the. moment as the red lead managed to get boxed up with a mates snap on diag. Which was next to useless.
Thanks given by:
Worth trying a battery on it, but I wouldn't go and buy one unless you know it's the issue.

Welcome BTW!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 08:12 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Worth trying a battery on it, but I wouldn't go and buy one unless you know it's the issue.

Welcome BTW!

Thanks boss. Do you know if there is a seperate earth for the altinator ? And is it worth checking the earths on the inside ?
Thanks given by:
Alternator earths through the block.

Try this:

Connect a jump lead form the battery negative terminal to the gearbox or any part of the block. Then try starting it.

Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 08:29 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Alternator earths through the block.

Try this:

Connect a jump lead form the battery negative terminal to the gearbox or any part of the block. Then try starting it.

Will try in the morning. Thanks boss. I have to say you guys are a friendly bunch :-) I was worried that I would sound like a fool
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 08:44 PM)andyhobden Wrote: I was worried that I would sound like a fool

You're in the right place then!

Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 08:45 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 08:44 PM)andyhobden Wrote: I was worried that I would sound like a fool

You're in the right place then!

Sweet :-) nuts and bolts I can cope with but electrics con fuse me .......
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 03:27 PM)puglove Wrote: have you taken them right out a looked properly (under the bonnet)

Learning fro experience I see Smile

You wouldn't do anything like that though would you !
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 09:07 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 03:27 PM)puglove Wrote: have you taken them right out a looked properly (under the bonnet)

Nice !

(09-08-2013, 09:07 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote:

Nice !

Giggidy
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate, seems like your battery might of seen better days.
Thanks given by: