106 water temp sensor whats best?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 water temp sensor whats best?
Hope this is right section if not admin please move

Looking at getting one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290674684498?v...1423.l2649

What would be the best sensor to use with this?

also any one recommend a gauge dont want to be sending to much but want it to read right Smile

Thanks given by:
looks ok...but you should be able to get one with a sensor for similar money
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Better off getting an adapter to fit in the hole in the stat housing, ill grab you a link to the one I was gunna get in a bit. The issue with the in hose ones is that they only tell yu the temp when the stat opens which is a bit of a ballache
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 11:52 AM)samass Wrote: Better off getting an adapter to fit in the hole in the stat housing, ill grab you a link to the one I was gunna get in a bit. The issue with the in hose ones is that they only tell yu the temp when the stat opens which is a bit of a ballache

Ok mate thanks was wondering if there was some were else to get the temp from.

How you done yours?

Thanks given by:
Also interested for the 205..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 11:52 AM)samass Wrote: Better off getting an adapter to fit in the hole in the stat housing

This....I think I'm going to end up drilling and tapping my thermostat housing...I don't trust the temperature gauge in mine.
Thanks given by:
I've got one like yours atm, but I'm getting an adapter for the thermostat housing. You need a M14x1.5 to 1/8npt adapter, you can get them on ebay, item number 261180864335

Don't know what the size for the xud is, but i assume it's the same

Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 01:58 PM)samass Wrote: I've got one like yours atm, but I'm getting an adapter for the thermostat housing. You need a M14x1.5 to 1/8npt adapter, you can get them on ebay, item number 261180864335

Don't know what the size for the xud is, but i assume it's the same

Thanks sam were does that go tho?

Just looked on my thermostat housing I have a blue and a green sensor, (no in car gauge) can I not get use the sensors there for a gauge? Also looking on eBay at the sensor New said it's 1.25 thread??

Thanks given by:
i can't remember which one is which, but one is the sensor for the gauge (top spec clocks) and one us the switch for the warning light. The switch only has one wire, so take off the plug to check, I would, but it's raining atm and i dont want to get wet lol

Put it in place of the temp sensor one.

The x1.5 is what I found on service box, so i presume it's accurate, could always measure it i do have my vernier here...

I wouldn't use the standard sensor, you won't know the calibration, you'd e best off buying a gauge that comes with a sensor so you know they match to give the right readings.

Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 04:15 PM)samass Wrote: i can't remember which one is which, but one is the sensor for the gauge (top spec clocks) and one us the switch for the warning light. The switch only has one wire, so take off the plug to check, I would, but it's raining atm and i dont want to get wet lol

Put it in place of the temp sensor one.

The x1.5 is what I found on service box, so i presume it's accurate, could always measure it i do have my vernier here...

I wouldn't use the standard sensor, you won't know the calibration, you'd e best off buying a gauge that comes with a sensor so you know they match to give the right readings.

Thanks mate glad I got you to tell me this I wouldn't get anything done otherwise lol

Thanks given by:
No worries, I think that's about 7 rep points you owe me now Tongue

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Radiator temp sensor pin out zx_volcane 3 1,827 10-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Fuel gauge/Temp sensor pugtk 0 934 05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: pugtk
  oil,water,air,temp,pressure ETC puglove 11 7,277 11-02-2013, 01:00 PM