flashing airbag light tried the usal trick not worked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flashing airbag light tried the usal trick not worked
any ideas what it could be? choped the plugs under the seat and rejoined but no luck still flashing away at me it flashes for 10 to 15mins the just goes solid need to sort it by wed as its booked for its mot then! anyideas ill give the ago thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Crimped or soldered? If they are crimped, solder them. Also, sure neither of the pretensioners have gone off? You can tell by the plastic on the steel cable on the seat belt plug will be all crumpled up.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2013, 09:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Crimped or soldered? If they are crimped, solder them. Also, sure neither of the pretensioners have gone off? You can tell by the plastic on the steel cable on the seat belt plug will be all crumpled up.
there conected with block conectors i carnt solder lol both bars are straight as far as i can see if i was to try and solder them would this solve the problem? i have no way to turn the passenger airbag off so carnt be that it just started flashing when i was sat in a car park and started the car up and not gone off since!
Thanks given by:
there are two sets of plugs that need joining
one set under the seats and one set closer to the airbag controller
both sets play up
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2013, 10:13 PM)larry1991 Wrote:
(08-08-2013, 09:22 PM)Niall Wrote: Crimped or soldered? If they are crimped, solder them. Also, sure neither of the pretensioners have gone off? You can tell by the plastic on the steel cable on the seat belt plug will be all crumpled up.
there conected with block conectors i carnt solder lol both bars are straight as far as i can see if i was to try and solder them would this solve the problem? i have no way to turn the passenger airbag off so carnt be that it just started flashing when i was sat in a car park and started the car up and not gone off since!

Did you put them in connector blocks? Double check that you haven't trapped the sleeving in the connectors and rejoin if so.
Then reset the Immobiliser by disconnecting the battery for 10 - 15 mins (i think?? Someone correct me if wrong).

After that i do believe it should be fine, if you have terminated the connections correctly.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 05:27 AM)cully Wrote: there are two sets of plugs that need joining
both sets play up

you got a picy of theses other ones mate so i know what im looking for?

(09-08-2013, 05:34 AM)Rich306 Wrote:
(08-08-2013, 10:13 PM)larry1991 Wrote:

Did you put them in connector blocks? Double check that you haven't trapped the sleeving in the connectors and rejoin if so.
Then reset the Immobiliser by disconnecting the battery for 10 - 15 mins (i think?? Someone correct me if wrong).

After that i do believe it should be fine, if you have terminated the connections correctly.

the wires arte deffo touching mate slid the block connector downm the wire and twisted the wire together pull them back over the wires and itghtened over the wire battry was disconected for over an hr
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 06:09 AM)larry1991 Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 05:27 AM)cully Wrote: there are two sets of plugs that need joining
both sets play up

nopicture but the seat cables enter the carpet under the seat and travel forward towards the airbag ecu in front of the gearstick
you will have to remove the front lower cosol to find the airbag ece wher you will find the second set of orange plugs
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 02:32 PM)cully Wrote:
(09-08-2013, 06:09 AM)larry1991 Wrote:
both sets play up

nopicture but the seat cables enter the carpet under the seat and travel forward towards the airbag ecu in front of the gearstick
you will have to remove the front lower cosol to find the airbag ece wher you will find the second set of orange plugs

ah i see will try this tomoz then and let you know the outcome as ive just finshed soldering the wires under the seat and maybe some of the carpet pmsl but hey its my first try ever at soldering lol! is it easy to get the lower console out ?
Thanks given by:
two screws under the rear ashtray, two 6mm nuts under the gearstick gator, two screws one either side by the clutch pedal/passenger footwell
carefully with wires rear switches and ashtray illumination

then wresle it over the handbrake
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2013, 07:39 PM)cully Wrote: two screws under the rear ashtray, two 10mm nuts under the gearstick gator, two screws one either side by the clutch pedal/passenger footwell
carefully with wires rear switches and ashtray illumination

then wresle it over the handbrake

Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ah cheers lads massive help just hoping like hell this actually works lol bit tight on money atm lol so im hoping it flys through an mot Smile
Thanks given by:
Did you solve this?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Airbag light on, other lights not coming on TULL3RZ 0 1,118 25-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: TULL3RZ
  Flashing headlights Cornishnutter 3 1,486 12-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Airbag Light Flashing RetroPug 17 3,683 15-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: RetroPug