Engine hesitation, low revs...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine hesitation, low revs...
HDi, ProSteve map, de-egr'd (blanked & unplugged) otherwise standard.

The car has started doing this little hesitation thing, where it will feel almost like a missfire jolting forwards in pulsing bursts, around 2000-ish rpm when pootling around town @ 30 ish.

What could that be?

Car is overdue a service which I'm carrying out this weekend (hopefully) I wondered if there were any sensors I could clean at the same time?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
In the guides section there is a good FAQ for this.
TPS or FPS I recall are the first points to look at.
Thanks given by:
Has the idle risen at all? Clean your TPS plug.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Idle seems indifferent.

I'll look in the FAQ...Guessing the TPS is on the throttle butterfly like it is on a petrol?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
I need to sort mine out to, doesn't like driving at 30 in 3rd.

The sensor is on the part where the end of the cable attaches to by the airbox I'm guessing.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
There is no throttle butterfly on a diesel Chris. Smile

As Ricky says, follow the throttle cable to the front of the engine. The TPS is bolted to the side of the airbox.
Thanks given by:
If the car has a doser (2001 and newer) and that isn't disconnected that would cause the same symptom especially if the EGR is disabled.
Thanks given by:
Could do if he didn't ask Steve to map it out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It is 2001 Y-reg. WTF is an air-doser?

Sorry for the Noob-ish response!
Thanks given by:
On the 2001 and newer the doser is fitted to the bottom of the elbow that bolts to the inlet manifold.

The doser is like a throttle butterfly but it only close at idle so more exhaust gasses can be sucked into the engine.

If it goes faulty it can close by its self causing the car to bog down and even stall.

There is a vacuum solenoid near the egr one that controls it.

On my girlfriends 206 HDI I've removed the doser and replaced it with one from Toms car because the doser it's self is a bit restrictive.
Thanks given by:
Ah I see. Does anyone have a photograph so I can see what I'm looking for?
Thanks given by:
Have a look in the guide section for the egr and it'll show you the vacuum solenoid pipe that needs blocking off.

Just thought did you unplug the egr solenoid plug before up loading the map?
Thanks given by:
To the best of my knowledge, the air-doser and egr work in conjunction under low-load, cruising conditions, hence you getting the jerkiness at about 2000rpm and partial throttle.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine revs dropping when braking scfc_151 9 2,608 24-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Ruan
Question EML, high idle, revs taking time to drop??? highwayman306 13 2,892 07-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Last Post: highwayman306
  Hesitation at 3k Paul_13 14 1,868 02-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle