How much would you pay, gti6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much would you pay, gti6
So went to look at a gti6 last t reg no tax no mot, guy didn't show us any form of history, needed new tyres all round and discs and pads.
Engine sounded sweet though and apart from terrible tracking + tyres dodgy pressures car wasn't bad. Few scratches here and there.

Offered the guy £250 and he literally turned around and walked off!! Had a little tantrum locked up his garage and drove off as we stood in slight shock.
This guy is a car dealer too....
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
No T&T a car is pretty much scrap value.
If there was no price to work with, I'd say 400-500 is reasonable. 250 perhaps is a fair free to haggle with, but to walk away is a but farfetched
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Haha I've had that more than once with VAG stuff, went to look at a VR6 to break, the bloke had it up for £600 with an 'unknown starting issue'.

Offered him £200 and he shut the door in my face.

A month later... it was still for sale... Surprise surprise!

Some people genuinely have no idea what their cars are worth!!
Thanks given by:
What was he asking? Seems like someone to keep clear from I recon
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I would have offered no more than 400.
Thanks given by:
Bodywork/interior in very good nick and I would have MAYBE offered 300. But I would have had to have been smitten on it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
first went up for sale on facebook at £295 then after a few questions he decided to put it up to £345.
Thanks given by:
I bought a HDi with 6 months MOT, 2 months tax and about quarter tank of fuel, good tyres and recent brakes for £300 this week...

I know 6s are worth a bit more but with no T & T on it my limit woulda still been £300 - its a 14 year old petrol, high tax, high insurance, poor mpg............and needs repairs/replacements as well from the sound of it! How much exactly does he expect! Confused I'd have started at £250, expected him to say £300 then meet him in the middle to save a bit more lol.....but going off in a strop would've been unexpected.

I've also people to drop prices (for a lot of Golfs!) a few months ago via emails........was basically told I knew nothing about them or their value...........it's funny seeing them all still up for sale now. lol Can't believe people would rather wait for months just to get an extra few hundred quid....
Thanks given by:
you lot are mad id say £250 is a fair offer to start haggling with no T&T and needing 4 tyres. you can buy a good runing T&T'd one for £800

lets be fair its only a breaker/scrapper as it stands

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
cars just aint worth much anymore...
that '6 would cost £300-400 in parts to probably get all roadworthy again, and if you took it to a garage, probably near a grand with all the labour and vat...
so £1250 inc some tax for a old '6.....could buy a very nice one with TnT for that!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tyres fitted and balanced £200
Brake discs and pads £100
Tracking £15
MOT test fee £50-odd
Tax minimum £120

I'd say what you offered is perfectly reasonable. Bear in mind there's no history so you'd want the cambelt pump and tensioners done too, so add another £250-300. You'd be looking at near £800 to put it on the road and it sounds like the shell isn't immaculate with you mentioning scratches.

Walk away mate. I picked up my GTi three years ago, with 2 months MOT and 6 months tax, freshly rebuilt head and belt and pulleys all done with receipts to prove and with half a tank of fuel for £780. This guy sounds like a dreamer.

Worryingly though someone WILL buy it for the asking price, realise it's a money pit and neglect things a proper owner would do, like the cambelt.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Getting things for what they are actually worth from a guy who is trying to maximise his profit is always going to be a task.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2013, 08:44 AM)puglove Wrote: you lot are mad id say £250 is a fair offer to start haggling with no T&T and needing 4 tyres. you can buy a good runing T&T'd one for £800

lets be fair its only a breaker/scrapper as it stands

exactly, GTI's aren't worth much atm, I didn't easily sell my old one which had a lot of money spent on it, recent cam belt etc.

was expecting to haggle up in price to £275 probably £300, but was in such shock the guy had such a hissy fit, I really thought it was a joke, then he actually gone ...
Thanks given by:
Had something like that with a civic went to look at, was 450 and guy said body work wasnt great but nothing visable in photos. Got there and door has been kicked in, rear quarter dented slabs keyed , rear bumper like an inch away from body work and like someone cut out a chunk of the tyre with a knife. Oh and gearbox was making wierd noisy in third gear guy was like what do you expect for the money when I said is only be prepared to pay like 300 max. I expect a car which was not dangerous to drive please Tongue
Tbh your offer was fair, if he wants more for what is effectively a scrap car tell him to break for parts
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
haha what a ballache, id not have offered anymore than you did, let him carry on and fail to sell it Tongue no point paying more than its worth. Its only a '6 afterall!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
What a bellend, especially if he only had it advertised for 295 in the first place. lol

Depends what its worth to you at the end of the day, personally id not want to deal with him if hes starting like that. Im a stubborn sod though. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
where was that kernow Joe? not that im interested just curious!
[Image: cornishmafia.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121156317820?s...1423.l2649
Thanks given by:
Could have at least opened the door when taking photos of the interior
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2013, 07:25 PM)cully Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121156317820?s...1423.l2649

haha gone up again!

that's the one, looks a bit cleaner in pics tbf. and all the discs are pitted, ac doesn't work, and all 4 tyres need replacing, like said though engine is sweet and for the right price would be worth doing up.

Personally I think we should have a mass 306oc offer him £100 for it!
Thanks given by:
it's a rare car tho, so should easily be worth £2000

im surprised he didnt just try up your offer, obviously doesn't want to sell it if he's not open to negotiation, either that or he's a t**t
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2013, 08:31 PM)kernow_joe Wrote:
(08-08-2013, 07:25 PM)cully Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121156317820?s...1423.l2649

haha gone up again!

that's the one, looks a bit cleaner in pics tbf. and all the discs are pitted, ac doesn't work, and all 4 tyres need replacing, like said though engine is sweet and for the right price would be worth doing up.

Personally I think we should have a mass 306oc offer him £100 for it!

this!!

whos up for mass ebay messages of £100 offers...with price list of what needs fixing...
and fyi: if someone can get tracking done for £15..then wow, its about £60 round ere!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There was a new garage round my area just starting up that offered 15quid tracking, guess it was to draw in customers, generally 30 round these parts though.

Unless your friends with the college lecturers and are aloud to use their 3D tracking computer doo dah for free....

Edit: Im also keen for mass 100quid offer!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
100 of us offering £1 each?
Thanks given by:
yeah, lets all chip in a quid and buy a OC gti...gota be done
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
everyone make offers of around £150!!

if anyone actually gets accepted I'm still happy to pay £200 for it, another car on the drive is never a bad thing
Thanks given by:
hmmm £85 to get this car delivered to me im tempted to make an offer of £100 Big Grin

oh bugger just checked and its sold!

did you get it Kernowjoe?
Thanks given by:
Nope I was about to make a silly bid too, says the listing was ended, not that it sold, on Facebook they removed the add after one person said it wasnt worth £345 and only £200
Thanks given by: