FMIC... is this the right inlet mani?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FMIC... is this the right inlet mani?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-406-2 ... 500wt_1202

Can anyone confirm if the above is the right Inlet Mani i need for a fmic set up? Also has anyone got a part number for the c5 pipe i need? as i understand apart from that i just need the intercooler and pipework
Thanks given by:
Not the best one but yes it can be used
Thanks given by:
This type will be better

[Image: IMAG0052.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thats not the right one, you wont fit the pipes on very nice it sorta looks like that, but that is the one that has a particle emission filter both have the same rhz engine code tho this will explain better

this is the one you need below number 5.

[Image: ig03l68a.jpg]

the other one same rhz had a thing called an "air dozer" :/ and you have that bolted to it. witch is this one, its to do with how it bypasses the intercooler and does somthing never really read in to it tbh with you.

[Image: ig03l68l.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm by any chances has anyone got the part number for the round ended one?
Thanks given by:
from the looks of this picture, the new service box

[Image: 00008864.jpg]

it should be number 6: 0382 L9
Thanks given by:
Ideal Smile just gotta try and get the part number for the c5 pipe and i can start buying bits haha
Thanks given by:
yeah i been trying to find out what that is aswell but i cant seem to find it, even tryed on the 407 if its the same as the c5? i dont know what engine is in it or engine code.
Thanks given by:
FYI the name "c5" pipe is misleading, it came on 406's too. Can't remember anything more useful than that right now, sorry, will shout if i do.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:FYI the name "c5" pipe is misleading, it came on 406's too. Can't remember anything more useful than that right now, sorry, will shout if i do.

oh so it is prob the same 406 pipe i been thinking off then, someone said to me you got a 406 pipe but it rubs on the subframe. and a c5 pipe that fits a lot nicer :? so the c5 pipe is basicly still a 406 hdi? poodle you dont know if its the (rhz) 2 ltr hdi do you? or if its a 2.2 thats better, hopfully someone can shed some light on it then lol
Thanks given by:
The c5 pipe is off the 2.2 hdi.

A better option is a 67* bend in some 2" stainless with a 45-51 90* silicone reducer off the turbo.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There are two different pipes Joe, it's just they both came on the c5 and the 406, not helpful lol.

Chris has got it on the head. ^^^ Knew someone more useful would be along soon lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:The c5 pipe is off the 2.2 hdi.

A better option is a 67* bend in some 2" stainless with a 45-51 90* silicone reducer off the turbo.

that will be a better option so thats 67 degree bend? and yeah my piping is 51mm already, assuimg on the turbo pressure side is 45mm outlet? ill have to log on and buy some more piping and mikalor clamps lol
Thanks given by:
It is indeed, pipeworx on ebay will sort you it out for 20 quid get the bend in the middle of 1m of pipe and cut it down as you need.

Yet the outlet is 45mm and you'll need to cut the silicone down on that end to move it away from the subframe (bens the tab downwards too to gain more clearance.)
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  406 inlet manifold fmic dan wiltshire 9 3,454 20-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Last Post: dan wiltshire