Anyone good with routers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone good with routers?
Because I'm not!

I'm trying to set a remote viewer for my home DVR using noip.com. I can see my DVR through a WB using its IP address. I can see my router through number4c.no-ip.org. But can't redirect my self to router.

I have opened ports 88,9000,15961 as the basic manual for the DVR says.

Anyone got any ideas? Huh
Thanks given by:
Have you fowaded the ports to the correct internal local IP addy of the DVR? does it have a web interface you can access straight from its IP address locally without using a : then port number? if so you will deffo need to open the default port of 80 also...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Have you checked your TCP/IP settings? Have you cleared your cookies?

D'ya want this dawg?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also - don't be fooled when you can't access your external IP or Dynamic forward from inside your own network Wink

You can't go out and back in on the same connection at the same time Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2013, 08:11 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Have you fowaded the ports to the correct internal local IP addy of the DVR? does it have a web interface you can access straight from its IP address locally without using a : then port number? if so you will deffo need to open the default port of 80 also...

Yes the DVR is set to 192.1968.1.223. And each port that i opened is to this address. When i go through a web browser i use 192.168.1.223 no colon.

(06-08-2013, 08:16 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Have you checked your TCP/IP settings? Have you cleared your cookies?

D'ya want this dawg?

What do i need to check?

Quote:RE: Anyone good with routers?
Also - don't be fooled when you can't access your external IP or Dynamic forward from inside your own network Wink

You can't go out and back in on the same connection at the same time Wink

Confused
Thanks given by:
Tried switching it off and on again?.....
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
So you can see the DVR when you're at home on wifi, but if you try to access it elsewhere then you have problems? What IP did you set for the domain (only post the first few numbers)?
Thanks given by:
What router is it?

If its a "proper" router you will need to setup some security rules as well as forwding rules...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2013, 11:12 PM)Scott Wrote: So you can see the DVR when you're at home on wifi, but if you try to access it elsewhere then you have problems? What IP did you set for the domain (only post the first few numbers)?

2.122.139.xxx The IP address of my router at the time it was auto filled. I can view the DVR through my PC using a web browser and its IP address. I can ping the DVR. I tried a port open tool online and it came back with an error........ An attempted connection to 2.122.139.xxx:80 timed out. This typically indicates that traffic to that port is being actively blocked by either a firewall or your ISP....... But port 80 is open and enabled in the firewall rule.

(07-08-2013, 07:21 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: What router is it?

If its a "proper" router you will need to setup some security rules as well as forwding rules...

It's a Sagem SKY sack of shit. Could do with digging my old Netgear as they are far easier to work with.
Thanks given by:
what you tend to find is the router will always reserve port 80 for itself, regardless of port forwarding rules you setup.

You sometimes need to disable this function.

You might also need to set the ports up you want as a "game" so that you can allocate that profile to the IP you are wanting to forward too.

Have you taken a read of this? Might help:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Se...a-p/707150

Edit: I've just port scanned you and got no open ports. So suspect (like darren says) you have some security on their too.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,615 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970