What would you buy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you buy?
How about Alfa mito? Not looked at prices but they're fairly decent looking (for a bird)

Maybe a bit on the small side
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah that's the other one Sean, the diesel Brera.

Cheers Alex, same as myself and Ruan then Smile its almost definitely between that and the Megane
Thanks given by:
Evo8

/thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah seriously, C30 is a cracking car tbh, considering the 2.0d is only 136hp it feels like it has a significant amount more grunt than it actually has... If she wants to have a drive of the V50 she's more than welcome to... You could pick up a 2.0d C30 for SO much less than the D5 one since they're much less desirable, they're also significantly better on fuel than the D5... The D5 isn't BAD, but it's not great... The 2.0d is pretty good considering...

They have the outstanding drive of a Focus ST - same floorpan with reinforcements, with the quality and lack of rust of a Volvo...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I had been thinking about the d5 being a bit much, I'll see if we can find a well specced 2.0d instead and take that for a drive and see how she gets on Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they're not actually as bad as you'd think, if nothing else the torque makes them feel impressive... They pick up the pace adequately... As said, more than welcome to have a drive of mine...

Apparently they do a 'powershift' auto 2.0d, dual wet clutch like a dsg which supposedly isn't half bad either.. The D5 only comes with a autoslush...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Golf GT TDi 4 motion then
Thanks given by:
Lol Chris, i'm not sure she wants a car you'd like. Tongue

Was going to suggest the mito too, or giulietta, don't get a brera though - sods to park and they're just a bit... meh. Fugly arse end too.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My neighbour has a Giulietta, it looks fantastic! Does anyone know much about the 1.6d or the 1.4 petrol engines in those? Bit out of budget but still something to look at.
Thanks given by:
How about a cube scott? Cant beat the reliability, turns heads and you rate yours very highly so far right?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
She'll be sharing mine mate. It's a bit too much of a weekend car for her though so she needs a more sensible daily Smile
Thanks given by:
The giullietta is lush. Awesome drive, awesome interior.

I drove a 140bhp 2.0 derv and loved it!
Thanks given by: