massive shudder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
massive shudder
Hi,
Got a strange problem that when under load between 40/60mph the whole car shudders from side to side. There isn't any wobble from the steering wheel and it stops as soon as I release the go pedal or dip the clutch, also the gearstick wobbles a lot at the same time. I was thinking gearbox mount but does that sound right or is there something else at fault? Thanks for any help/advice .
Thanks given by:
Sounds like engine mounts.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Driveshafts
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As Connor said, driveshafts.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 07:36 AM)C2K Wrote: As Connor said, driveshafts.
Thanks for the advice, the only reason I didn't think it was driveshafts was there's no effect on the steering wheel and I thought if the shaft was shuddering it'd wobble the hubs meaning I'd feel it through the wheel??? Is there any way to assess th condition of the shafts before replacing ? Thanks
Thanks given by:
If gearstrick is bouncing away, id say it was driveshafts over anything else.

Does it get worse under load?

Get underneath and grab a drive shaft, feel for any play, rotational, upa nd down back and forth ..etc pretty obvious when they're knackered.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 10:02 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: If gearstrick is bouncing away, id say it was driveshafts over anything else.

Get underneath and grab a drive shaft, feel for any play, rotational, upa nd down back and forth ..etc pretty obvious when they're knackered.

Hi,
It only happens under load and then only between 40 and 60 mph, if coasting at them speeds the shudder stops, and there's no shuddering in any gear or speed under or over that range. Thanks
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 11:35 AM)Hughsie80 Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 10:02 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: If gearstrick is bouncing away, id say it was driveshafts over anything else.

Hi,
It only happens under load and then only between 40 and 60 mph, if coasting at them speeds the shudder stops, and there's no shuddering in any gear or speed under or over that range. Thanks

your driveshaft, cek your outer CV joint.
Thanks given by: