Rarer than a Rallye....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rarer than a Rallye....
Wink 
You see those common old rallyes everywhere, but how often do you see a 5 door DTurbo HDi? Tongue

[Image: 30613164_zps878ea5e7.jpg]

[Image: 30613162_zps7570036f.jpg]

[Image: 30613163_zps11cbbf0b.jpg]

[Image: 30613165_zpse9abd3e9.jpg]

Yup, I bought another one. lol

Bought it to break.....but I kinda like it. Confused Tongue

Tom
Thanks given by:
Looks clean. Whats up with it.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Flol.
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 08:54 AM)kingy Wrote: Looks clean. Whats up with it.

It is tidy for 160k lol. The previous owner had a front end bump and broke the rad so it leaks....drove home without losing too much water though lol. Bumper/bonnet/grill are all knackered as well, not really noticeable in the pic though.

Also somethings catching on a wheel or the steering rack when turning lol, gotta check that out before driving it anymore.
Thanks given by:
God i sooo love them rear lights mate i want em lol ohhh wait iv got a pair im getting rid of lol....wouldnt mind them front lights tho lol
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Shame them rear lights aren't rare so that people can't fit them and ruin cars!!!
Thanks given by:
If you decide not to break it Tom Iv got the here to repair.
Can be posted to.
Chris
Thanks given by:
It's worth more in parts Chris.... Plus why would I want another 306 when I have a 'lovely' Vectra anyway. lol

But seriously, after driving both the Vectra and 306 (with several bottles of water in the boot lol) for the last day or so I've realised I don't really 'like' either of them as a daily, I want something in between the two. Why didn't I just buy another MK4 instead of the Vectra lol, that'd've been ideal! Doh lmao

In other news, it turns out the steering issue was a dry top mount, it's completely seized now lol, spring is turning without the mount...oops. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 11:18 AM)Toms306 Wrote: But seriously, after driving both the Vectra and 306 (with several bottles of water in the boot lol) for the last day or so I've realised I don't really 'like' either of them as a daily, I want something in between the two.

So you like the awesome of the 306 and the big car with cupholders-ness of the Vectra? Have you considered a 406. Worst of both worlds lol.
Thanks given by:
If ya break it, can i bagsy the drivers door lock motor? if it works...
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 11:28 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 11:18 AM)Toms306 Wrote: But seriously, after driving both the Vectra and 306 (with several bottles of water in the boot lol) for the last day or so I've realised I don't really 'like' either of them as a daily, I want something in between the two.

So you like the awesome of the 306 and the big car with cupholders-ness of the Vectra? Have you considered a 406. Worst of both worlds lol.

I don't drink in the car, I've never needed cup holders. Tongue And I don't like 406s lol....

(03-08-2013, 11:30 AM)amiek Wrote: If ya break it, can i bagsy the drivers door lock motor? if it works...

Depends how much of a pain it is to get out. Big Grin And yeah it works...electrically this car is perfect (amazing for 160k!)...but mechanically, no lol.

But I'll stick a breaking thread up in a couple of days probably. Smile

Edit - Infact, I have some door motors from the estate....wonder if any were drivers door though, hmmmm.....
Thanks given by:
Quote:
(03-08-2013, 11:30 AM)amiek Wrote: If ya break it, can i bagsy the drivers door lock motor? if it works...

Depends how much of a pain it is to get out. Big Grin And yeah it works...electrically this car is perfect (amazing for 160k!)...but mechanically, no lol.

But I'll stick a breaking thread up in a couple of days probably. Smile

Edit - Infact, I have some door motors from the estate....wonder if any were drivers door though, hmmmm.....

yeah, heard they're a pain! vaughan isn't too happy about me making him fix it if i get one haha! Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
I think Vaughn's coming up to take one out of my hdi amy
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 11:56 AM)Just Sean Wrote: I think Vaughn's coming up to take one out of my hdi amy

oh is he now, news to me! when's this happening?
Thanks given by:
Is the boot on central locking tom
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
Shame your to far away tom. Id of took passenger rear from you.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 12:32 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Is the boot on central locking tom

I'd bloody hope so on a phase 3. Wink
Thanks given by:
Tom if you break this please let me know, I could do with the airbag control module under the gearstick as i think my brothers is faulty.

Might take the blower unit too as i think mine is on its last legs.

Let me know anyway.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
It WILL be broken, just not sure when yet.....thinking of a ninja plan for a week lol. lol
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 02:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 12:32 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: Is the boot on central locking tom

I'd bloody hope so on a phase 3. Wink
im interested in the whole mechanism mate just for the boot lol im sick of opening and locking mine with the key lol
(msg sent from hell)

Thanks given by:
rarer than a ralleye lol a few of these are knocking about my end, just fixed and sell it on tom
Thanks given by:
Oh, I spotted this yesterday Tom, thought you might like it...

306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wow 02 plate hatch!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
An HDi in china blue, no less!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Meh, had 3 china's, bored of that now. Tongue I'd like an Astor tbh lol.

02 plate is good though!
Thanks given by:
Tom, what is needed to get it back on the road? Would you sell it complete?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
No I wouldn't sell complete.

It would need a lot go back on the road tbh, all wear and tear parts (so stuff that wouldn't sell second hand, not a problem for a breaker) but a hell of a lot of them!

It wants at least rad and fans, top mounts, TREs, ball joints, 'box oil seals, various gaskets as both the exhaust and inlet are leaking a lot, engine mounts as it feels like sitting on a washing machine at idle lol.......and that's just to get it through MOT. Would also need bonnet, grill, bumper, slam panel etc.

So on a 160k car it's not worth the money spent on it when I know what I can get breaking it. Smile
Thanks given by:
Decided to use it as a rolling advert for a week lol...cant drive it far but still.... lol

[Image: IMAG2723_zps2d995576.jpg]

[Image: IMAG2724_zps5206db13.jpg]

[Image: IMAG2725_zps7c83fe41.jpg]

[Image: IMAG2726_zpsba015eef.jpg]

People will be drawn in by the excellent rear lights. Wink

Edit - It seems my camera likes moonstone about as much as I do.... lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306s getting rarer bashbarnard 11 2,691 03-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye