Astor 306 GTi-6
I'm probably going to get slated for considering this, but ah well Smile

I'm thinking of selling my astor GTi-6. The spec is as follows:

Year: 2000
Model: Astor grey 306 GTi-6
Mileage: 96,500
Tax: 10 months
Test: Until Dec 2013

The good: The car has recently had a pretty big overhaul and service. The cambelt was done at around 84k in April 2012 by Deepak on the 6 forum. Coolant was changed at the same time. The car had an oil and filter change in January 2013 for Silkolene fully synthetic oil with a genuine Peugeot oil filter. New pads and discs have been fitted all around. Droplinks, top mounts, and wishbones have all been replaced, and the rear beam has been rebuiilt with a new Peugeot bearing kit. The clutch was also replaced less than 10k ago with a Valeo clutch.

The car has recently been detailed with a full clay, polish and wax, so the paint feels extremely fresh and smooth, and regular cleaning should keep it looking great for another 6 months! It will also come with black mask headlights, a spare inlet manifold, original 20mm torsion bars (therefore you could remove and sell the 21mm TBs for about £90 if they're not required), a spare GTi-6 spoiler, battery, fans and rear lights for the right price.

Mods:
  • Eibach pro -30mm lowering springs
  • 21mm torsion bars
  • Rebuilt rear beam with brand new bearing kit from Peugeot
  • Citroen C5 steels (4.7kg per wheel!) in white, with 4k old Uniroyal Rainsport 2s all around
  • Longlife mid-sport stainless steel exhaust
  • Meyle HD wishbones
  • BakerBM Gear linkages

Bad points:The driver's seat base and bolster are ripped in the alcantara. I've been offered a mint set at a good price, I'm sure the seller will be happy to carry the offer over for a potential buyer if the rip is a big issue for them. Another member has also given an even better offer for retrimming the seat, but as yet I've not had time to remove the seat covers and get them sent off, and is not likely I will get to do so before selling.

There is a small dent on the driver's side wing, unfortunately it's right on the crease so it's a little more noticeable than it would be elsewhere given its size.

AC doesn't work, standard problem really!

There is a small rattle from inside the dash at high revs (when allowing the engine to brake on overrun), I've not quite figured it out yet but will have the dash apart at some point over the weekend and will take another look.

Here's a photo of the dent that's on the driver's side of the car (on the wing), which is the only dent on the car Sad
[Image: 2013-08-08183246_zpsbe7ac3d4.jpg]

As you can see here, the passenger side looks great!
[Image: 2013-08-08183620_zps966993c2.jpg]

This is the best 6 that I've owned by far, and is fantastic to drive. The engine pulls extremely well and the handling is great. I'd love to see it go on to someone who is going to really look after it and possibly make good use of it with some track time Wink

I'd be looking for offers very close to £1800. Please only post if you're interested Smile Thanks
Thanks given by:
How much of a share in ed's megane does £1800 buy? :p

What you thinking anyway?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Want me to post this on the 6 forum? Although i have a feeling you wont get much interest there :/
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm interested as to what car is next in honesty...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ive been thinking of a 6 since fcs. I've realised I need more power in my life but dont think I could raise that kind of cash. BUT will see what I can come up with and uf I do manage to get the money together then I'll let you know.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Kingy dont know if you looked at scotts car but its a very clean example of a 6! Id buy it if i didnt already have one in the proper colour Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 08:18 PM)Niall Wrote: Kingy dont know if you looked at scotts car but its a very clean example of a 6! Id buy it if i didnt already have one in the proper colour Wink

I did have a look and yes it is very clean and would have it tomorrow if I had the cash but thats the problem. Cash. Hopefully scot will decide ti keep it for a couple of months THEN sell it to me.
When dum broke down on the way to fcs scott shot off like shite off a shovel and it sounded awsome. Thats the point I realised that I need a 6.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Think everyone has to own one at some point! Im getting bored of mine so either will be selling in winter for something ninja tht a few people know about or boosting it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I wish I got mine sooner!
Thanks given by:
How much :O

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 08:18 PM)Niall Wrote: Kingy dont know if you looked at scotts car but its a very clean example of a 6! Id buy it if i didnt already have one in the proper colour Wink

When you say you would buy it do you mean you would offer close to the 1800 GI price? Seeing as you said pugloves was worth around 1300? I'm curious to know the going rate for these cars they seem to vary in price alot
Thanks given by:
mines worth a dam sight more than £1300 niall is just full of shit lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 09:01 PM)Bananalad Wrote:

When you say you would buy it do you mean you would offer close to the 1800 GI price? Seeing as you said pugloves was worth around 1300? I'm curious to know the going rate for these cars they seem to vary in price alot

The price of this car is so worth it I can't emphasise this enough, it is a beautiful example of a 306 and is such an amazing drive.
Honestly hope this goes to the right person
Thanks given by:
Scott, gimme your nice bumper kthnx
Thanks given by:
Forgot to mention that it's had a new clutch as well, and that I've got a spare inlet I'd include in the sale.

Guys remember if you have no interest please don't comment. If you feel the need to discuss the price with me then please do so by pm.
Thanks given by:
Hdi and cash?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No thanks mate, cash only I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
Shame.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If someone actually buys my car and isn't a timewaster, I could well be getting in touch!
Thanks given by:
This is definitely for sale now Smile
Thanks given by:
ZOOOOMMMGGGG!
Thanks given by:
Someone PLEASE buy the Bora so I don't have to mess with eBay timewasters?!
Thanks given by:
Put it up on Gumtree! Not the best granted but it's how I sold my car and Scott sold the van! Smile
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't do that! Some knobhead will buy it! Just look at what happened to eds!
Thanks given by:
Scott if your buying a yellow sex aid Renault I'm gonna hurt you
Thanks given by:
Don't worry, I'm not Smile
Thanks given by:
Advertised it on Piston heads Scott?! Should get a decent interest there.

But any reason for the sale?!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 11:30 AM)Rich306 Wrote: Advertised it on Piston heads Scott?! Should get a decent interest there.

But any reason for the sale?!

Hes bought a nissan cube. Its what all the cool kids are rocking these days.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Thanks Niall, you've ruined the surprise!

I've not put it on there yet, I might do in a couple of days though. Reason for the sale is something else took my fancy, I've had 306s for 6 years now and it was time for a change. I said when I had the s16 that I wouldn't have another but I've owned two since (hdi estate and gti6) and have use of a third. Onwards and upwards to the Cube!
Thanks given by:
[Image: f_327528551-4166120142.jpeg]

He even went for one that somewhat resembles the same colour of his hair and shape of his head!

(is it bad the more i look at that photo, the more i realise how much i want one to wack some ridiculous big turbo engine in it?)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: