Help with GTI6 to 205 convert.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with GTI6 to 205 convert.
Hi
I am working on placing a GTI6 (xu10j4rs) engine into a 205.

I have run in to major Problems with starting the engine, any help would be greatly loved.

The engine turns over but no voltage is sent to coils or injectors. Dual relay confirmed working. when testing the earth on map and IAT sensor failed. but I cant find where the earth is meant to join in to the cables(i do have wiring diagrams). I have placed in a new crank sensor and I am 90% sure the immobiliser has not kicked in as i have had it running with out one in the car and one has not been connected.

Any help i will be grateful of.
Thanks given by:
ECU unlocked?
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 12:25 PM)Dangti6 Wrote: ECU unlocked?

I am not 100% sure but i have a spare ECU and it is having the same trouble. I have started this car up since the engine chance so I am sure that it has not turned on the immobiliser has the car does not have a box fitted.

Could it be any thing else. or do you have a sure fire way of see if it is locked?

Thanks for the help mate.
Thanks given by:
need to get diagnostic reader on there to read values I would say
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 12:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: need to get diagnostic reader on there to read values I would say

That sounds expensive. I just don't understand how the car can just stop working like it has.

Does one of you have experience with a magneti marelli iaw 1ap.10 ecu? I am sure I have found the fault with no earth being on pin 17 (map, IAT and H2O sensor) .
I would love if you could tell me when the pin connects to earth(bat-) as autodata says should but I can see it on the wiring diagram.

Thanks again.
Thanks given by: