Peugeot 206 - XUD9 VNT Lash Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 206 - XUD9 VNT Lash Up
Just an excuse to man up and get a 306 for himself Wink he cant help but love them really, just to scared to admit it Wink

xxx
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
keep at it

its lovely and sleeper/oem. very smart
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nice work on the intercooler and intake setup Smile

Will allow the vnt to breath a little easier I would have thought.

Time to wind it up a bit?
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 04:32 PM)Jethro Wrote: Nice job on the air filter

thanks. Its ok, but you get hellish induction/turbo noise through the cabin now (as its right next to the pollen filter) novetly hasn't quite worn off yet.

(18-09-2013, 04:41 PM)ginge191 Wrote: really love this car, a lot! awesome work throughout!

cheers ginge Smile

(18-09-2013, 06:17 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Love this. First refusal if you ever sell pleaseee.

hah no worries, not sure whats going to happen yet but we'll see

(18-09-2013, 09:40 PM)procta Wrote: have you shocked anyone off the lights etc with it yet?

sort of...just pulled away from the lights (not stupid like) but pretty smartish and there was a 62 plate, golf GTD (think it was)? giving it some, so put my foot down...could keep with him but not quite pass him.

(19-09-2013, 07:30 AM)Frosty Wrote:
(19-09-2013, 07:06 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
Quote:Love this. First refusal if you ever sell pleaseee.

Thats it, cars for sale now you have said that. Cant tell a devon man otherwise once money is on the table!!

Lol, someone at coombe was interested in it as well mark said

isn't it 'everythings for sale at a price'??

(19-09-2013, 07:37 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Just an excuse to man up and get a 306 for himself Wink he cant help but love them really, just to scared to admit it Wink

xxx

behave you Tongue

(19-09-2013, 09:59 AM)Piggy Wrote: keep at it

its lovely and sleeper/oem. very smart

cheers piggy thats what i was aiming for. If I could run it on steels i probably would for a laugh.

(19-09-2013, 10:13 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Nice work on the intercooler and intake setup Smile

Will allow the vnt to breath a little easier I would have thought.

Time to wind it up a bit?

Its not overally neat as some people would but for my budget and expertise its save enough to do what I want it to.

Boost wise, if you plant it fairly quickly, it'll spool right up to 22psi (will probs blow a boost hose off at this point - next job to sort) and then drop to 20psi and hold there. But as I was explaining to darren...it never actually 'lets go' bit like its choked (strange description I know) but that what it feels like. Exhaust is a little over 2" all the way back but think I might just drop the system and try it with just the downpipe.

I all fairness I do believe I put the engine in the wrong 206 shell really. Though I did want a 1.9D to base it on. I really wanted a pre-plex, 3 door, 1.9D, Diablo Red 206 but could only find 5 door versions and mostly in petrol.

This one is just too basic really (it is the bottom of the range) and does my nut with no RCL or even CL would be nice. Ideally need to find another scrappy 206 and transfer the electrics across. But depends on if one pops up near.
Thanks given by:
more boost then, also I recon the golf owner would have been shocked, A T reg 206 up the arse of a 12 plater golf.
Its even more funnier when you get the run on someone too that doesn't suspect it either. The amount of shocked faces I have seen by doing that, is un real!
Thanks given by:
I ran a 2/1/4 system with two boxes initially and didn't feel like it was much of a restriction compared to the 2.5 straight through thats on now - certainly didn't make it feel bunged up.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 10:59 AM)procta Wrote: more boost then, also I recon the golf owner would have been shocked, A T reg 206 up the arse of a 12 plater golf.
Its even more funnier when you get the run on someone too that doesn't suspect it either. The amount of shocked faces I have seen by doing that, is un real!

Would of been interesting to hear his trail of thought Tongue

Course i bet you get the same with the pocket rocket metro of yours!

(19-09-2013, 02:25 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: I ran a 2/1/4 system with two boxes initially and didn't feel like it was much of a restriction compared to the 2.5 straight through thats on now - certainly didn't make it feel bunged up.

hmmm...something's kicking off inside to not give it max flow :/

hopefully ill get a bit of a play at the weekend.
Thanks given by:
I read every update but never say anything... Good work man, i would love a VNT really need to go out in one and see if i like it! Darrens always telling me its the future!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 10:11 PM)Tom Wrote: I read every update but never say anything... Good work man, i would love a VNT really need to go out in one and see if i like it! Darrens always telling me its the future!

You cant not like it lol, give it a year and ill show you mine, haha
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 04:00 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(19-09-2013, 10:59 AM)procta Wrote: more boost then, also I recon the golf owner would have been shocked, A T reg 206 up the arse of a 12 plater golf.

(19-09-2013, 02:25 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: I ran a 2/1/4 system with two boxes initially and didn't feel like it was much of a restriction compared to the 2.5 straight through thats on now - certainly didn't make it feel bunged up.

hmmm...something's kicking off inside to not give it max flow :/

hopefully ill get a bit of a play at the weekend.

You about at all this weekend?

Might pop in on way through Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 10:11 PM)Tom Wrote: I read every update but never say anything... Good work man, i would love a VNT really need to go out in one and see if i like it! Darrens always telling me its the future!

I was real surprised when I got it working semi correctly. Can definately see how they can strip clutches.

(20-09-2013, 08:54 AM)Ruan Wrote: You about at all this weekend?

Might pop in on way through Wink

yeah should be...give a shout and see what can be sorted. Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 04:00 PM)mr_fish Wrote:

Sleepers are the way forward! I always drive the car slower ( 1.1C) , lead the victim into false sense of hope and security. ( so they sit off the bumper) then boom I am a way. you just see this look Huh as I power away. I had a kid in a 02 punto look back, as I nearly beat him with out trying. I backed off as the car wasn't setup at the time. He was looking back as to what's that? me and my pal kept straight faces and acted as tho nothing had happened.
Thanks given by:
Had a play with this today with Mark, James and Frosty - firstly fixed an issue with the injection pump, seemingly the stop solenoid had died and was allowing the pin to drop at random times - causing the engine to simply cut out, after we'd fixed that with just a new Stop Solenoid we then decided it'd be a good plan to wind in the stop screw on the Turbo a little to get the turbo spooling a bit sooner...

Then I made the executive decision that the exhaust was restrictive, so then it somehow fell off...

Then after about half an hour of deliberation and pulling sealed bearings apart for ball bearings to go in the manual boost controller, realising they like to jam and cause issues, James kindly loaning out his MBC to fix the issue, we took it out on the road and finally heard the vanes open up properly to give out the distinctive bark when the vanes open up... Then promptly popped an intercooler pipe - so I hairspray'd the connections and did them up Cornwall spec tight - none of these fanny boys in Devons version of tight Wink

Went out for another quick test which within about 20 meters we'd decided she needed LOTS more fuel, so wound the pump in as far as I could get it at the side of the road with limited tools to be greeted with gratuitous roasting of tyres in 1st and 2nd and into 3rd, lots of noise and a satisfying boot up the arse...

Successful day all in all with the car IMHO!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
hehe, sorry who fixed the running problem Wink Tongue

Looking foward to having a go when i next see Mark to see how its going now!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Yes Darren, you fixed the stop solenoid issue.

Oh and in other news, I f*cked up the timing on an XUD9... Standard!
Thanks given by:
This is the only 206 that is cool some good work! more and more I want some real boost again!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 07:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: finally heard the vanes open up properly to give out the distinctive bark when the vanes open up...

Ohh definitely heard the bark Wink

She spools now though...minimal throttle and the turbo wakes up. Plus without the exhaust on you could hear the definite 'cooooo' noise.

It was loud though, as it only had my 6" length of downpipe off the turbo.

Ruan was keen to get at the stop screw...

[Image: null_zps2445d4d0.jpg]

This was a video of the fuelling issue

Bledy pump solenoid

And a video of the car without the exhaust. Yes its in the field (so breaks traction easily) but I was blocked in by a Hilux. Should of strapped the camera on the roof and you would actually hear the noise. Doesn't do it justice in the cabin.

Big thanks to Darren for casting an eye over the fuelling issue, James for his MBC loan, Ruan for having a tinker with the stop screw & fuel and Matt for opening the gate numerous occasions and helping where needed Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounding like a monster Wink

You just need a fat pipe tbf....
Thanks given by:
I have my uses lol
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2013, 07:48 PM)Ruan Wrote: Had a play with this today with Mark, James and Frosty - firstly fixed an issue with the injection pump, seemingly the stop solenoid had died and was allowing the pin to drop at random times - causing the engine to simply cut out, after we'd fixed that with just a new Stop Solenoid we then decided it'd be a good plan to wind in the stop screw on the Turbo a little to get the turbo spooling a bit sooner...

Then I made the executive decision that the exhaust was restrictive, so then it somehow fell off...

Then after about half an hour of deliberation and pulling sealed bearings apart for ball bearings to go in the manual boost controller, realising they like to jam and cause issues, James kindly loaning out his MBC to fix the issue, we took it out on the road and finally heard the vanes open up properly to give out the distinctive bark when the vanes open up... Then promptly popped an intercooler pipe - so I hairspray'd the connections and did them up Cornwall spec tight - none of these fanny boys in Devons version of tight Wink

Went out for another quick test which within about 20 meters we'd decided she needed LOTS more fuel, so wound the pump in as far as I could get it at the side of the road with limited tools to be greeted with gratuitous roasting of tyres in 1st and 2nd and into 3rd, lots of noise and a satisfying boot up the arse...

Successful day all in all with the car IMHO!

This is quite possibly the best description of a car modding day that I have ever heard. Sounds awesome Smile
Thanks given by:
now go and bate a few golfs etc
Thanks given by:
Fark that sounds incredible! Fair play dude, awesome machine you've got there now.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You sir, have just made my evening!

Sounds sooooooo cool lol
Thanks given by:
f*ck. I NEED to get mine on!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 10:10 PM)samass Wrote: f*ck. I NEED to get mine on!!

This, need to finish my VNT bodgery
Thanks given by:
Like Mark said the video really doesn't do the sound any justice. It does truly sound epic in person!
Thanks given by:
hi, not running a 206 XUD9TE up carefully, beautiful haste project see more
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2013, 06:27 PM)HTAUTO Wrote: hi, not running a 206 XUD9TE up carefully, beautiful haste project see more

The car was up to temperature if thats what you mean? Though this engine is a bit of test bed. Didn't have too much hope in it holding together. When i bought it, it was full of water in the bores. Hoping to rebuild my xantia one soon.
Thanks given by:
Slight update on the car as it stands

Paid out for the joys of using the public highways again. So thats good for a few more months.

The engine always had some top movement when running, so made a modification to the 206 stock mounts and added the 306 block in as well.

[Image: null_zps92342059.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsa8fb6ba2.jpg]

Its fairly rigid now.

When Ruan was up helping with ‘adjustments’ the car was pulling well. Drove it round for a week or so but started to experience problems with the vanes jamming open when going over 20psi then randomly closing again when driving. Proved a right pain when I was away from home and once it plays up you get no boost and chronic 11mm coal. A lot a throttle feathering and gentle driving that day.

Anyways, got the car in the shed after sorting another 306. Jacked it up and scrambled in underneath. Immediately saw the issue. The boost can rod wasn’t attached to anything. On the end I have the vane adjuster nut with an ‘ear’ attached to operate the vane control lever on the turbo.

The nut that held the ‘ear’ on the lever, must of vibrated loose and the rod just fell off therefore the vanes were just opening and closing whenever pressure was applied. No wonder it was pinning the boost gauge at times.

Need to get a lock nut on there or something and hopefully it'll be back to ripping tyres again.

Need to sort out my boost control as I’m not having much luck with a MBC so I have an idea in mind (watch this space). and the urgent next main job is exhaust modifications. As proved by ‘testing’, its too restrictive.

On a sidenote, worked on a ph1 306 with wonkey on Sunday doing everyones favourite job...the heater matrix.

[Image: null_zps8c9871d0.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsb2c6673c.jpg]

The reason for leaking.

[Image: null_zps15cfa82b.jpg]

In fairness it's not that bad of a job. I stripped out the wipers and motor along with various trim panels, the dash cluster and the steering wheel. Alex rolled up and unbolted all the dash bolts and together we got it forward enough to get in behind. Frosty popped over and we put all the trim panels back on so its all back together and working, well to a fashion...

Ever since I fitted the bosch to it, it developed a misfire. Timing is correct, no leaks in the system, etc. Anyways the cornish radger happened to be passing and its believed to have stuck injector now....becausefrenchcar? Ideally it wants a rag up the road but lack of MOT and Tax so will have to strip apart and see what's kicking off.
Thanks given by:
The cornish radger, pft, going up in the world i see i am Wink
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project FCS peugeot partner xud9 engine Jamieh2013 30 8,298 08-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013